Rev. James Charlie Brown
November 30, 1925 – April 8, 2018
Reverend James C. Brown, age 92, passed away Sunday, April 8th at his residence under the care of Kindred Hospice, surrounded by his loving family.
Rev. Brown was born in Groveland and had lived most of his life in Bulloch County and was a World War II veteran serving in the United States Navy. He retired from Union Camp after 25 years of service and served as minister at Faith Tabernacle Church in Brooklet for 45 years. After retiring from Union Camp, he went to work with the Town of Brooklet in the Public Works Department, working there for more than 20 years. He was a member of Faith Tabernacle Church and worked with his late wife, to care for and foster over 100 children throughout the years.
Reverend Brown was preceded in death by his wife of 68 years, Doris Futch Brown and four sisters. He is survived by daughters, Pat Roberts and husband, Emory and Margie Sanders and husband, Jimmy all of Brooklet and Brenda Ussery and husband, Donnie of Statesboro; sons, Jimmy Brown and wife, Nell of Soperton and Tommy Brown and wife, Tracey of Statesboro; sisters, Lillian Slater and husband, Lester of Statesboro and Earlene Smith and husband, Frank of Metter; 10 grandchildren; 12 great-grandchildren and many nieces and nephews.
A gathering of family and friends will be held 5:00 to 8:00 PM Wednesday, April 11th in Hodges-Moore Funeral Home.
The funeral service will be held 2:00 PM Thursday, April 12th in the Chapel of Hodges-Moore Funeral Home with Reverend Lawrence Butler officiating.
Burial will follow in Bulloch Memorial Gardens.
Pallbearers will be Dean Roberts, Tony Roberts, Matt Aldrich, Don Ussery, Dwayne Rogers, Kevin Brown, Wil Brown and Shannon Watkins.
Please visit our online memorial at www.hodgesmoore.com to sign the guest book and share fond memories with the Brown family.
Hodges-Moore Funeral Home is in charge of funeral arrangements.
- Pat Roberts (Emory), Daughter
- Margie Sanders (Jimmy), Daughter
- Brenda Ussery (Donnie), Daughter
- Jimmy Brown (Nell), Son
- Tommy Brown (Tracey), Son
- Lillian Slater (Lester), Sister
- Earlene Smith (Frank), Sister
- Doris Futch Brown, Wife
- George Irvin Brown, Father
- Lillie Mae Conley Brown, Mother
- Mr. Brown leaves ten grandchildren and 12 great-grandchildren and many nieces and nephews to cherish his memory.
- Dean Roberts, Active Pallbearer
- Tony Roberts, Active Pallbearer
- Matt Aldrich, Active Pallbearer
- Don Ussery, Active Pallbearer
- Dwayne Rogers, Active Pallbearer
- Kevin Brown, Active Pallbearer
- Wil Brown, Active Pallbearer
- Shannon Watkins, Active Pallbearer
- A Gathering of Family and Friends Wednesday, April 11, 2018
- Funeral Service Thursday, April 12, 2018
Rev. James Charlie Brown
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
receive updates when new memories are postedRECEIVE UPDATES
Tommy & Melanie (Youngblood) Haralson
April 10, 2018
Tommy, Tracey and Family -
We were sorry to learn of the passing of Mr. Brown. Our thoughts and prayers are with you during this time.