Marie Finch Allmond Youngblood
January 6, 1936 – August 9, 2018
Marie Finch Allmond Youngblood, age 82, passed away peacefully Thursday, August 9, 2018 in Pruitt Health Hospice in Millen surrounded by her loving family.
Marie was born in Statesboro to the late Vernie and Annie Mae Ellis Finch, attended local schools and had lived in Portal since 1968. She worked many years as a waitress working at Holiday Inn, the Deck Shop, Lakeside Café at Georgia Southern, and the Paragon before she began working in the cafeteria at Portal School, where she became known for her cinnamon rolls and peanut butter cookies. She was a former member of Pine Grove Missionary Baptist Church and Son’s Light Fellowship and enjoyed displaying photos of her family in her home and watching television.
In addition to her parents, Mrs. Youngblood was preceded in death by her husband, Charles Youngblood; father of her children, Sidney Allmond; brother, Daniel Finch, three grandsons, Michael Lane, Nicholas Lane and Victor Allmond; daughter-in-law, Diane Cleda Allmond; and step-son, Mack Allmond.
She is survived by her children, Diane Allmond and Kay Lane and her husband, Donnie all of Portal; Billy Allmond of Waynesville, NC; Connie Allmond Calhoun and Bonnie Allmond both of Portal; step-daughter, Joyce Reese of Faulkville; brother, Larry Finch of Metter; sisters, Margaret Motes of Pooler and Margie Bateman and her husband, Dean of Ellabell; sister-in-law, Jeraleene Finch of Metter; 16 grandchildren, Leslie, Amanda, Matt, Crystal, Jason, Heather, Mark, Corey, April, Alicia, Kevin, Keith, Kyle, Lyle, Lynn and Donna; 17 great grandchildren and numerous nieces and nephews.
A gathering of family and friends will be held 1:30 to 3:00 PM on Monday, August, 13, 2018 in Hodges-Moore Funeral Home, immediately followed by the funeral service in the funeral home chapel with Reverend James Bland and Reverend Randy Adams officiating.
Burial will be in Bulloch Memorial Gardens.
Pallbearers will be Mark Calhoun, Corey Calhoun, Matt Williams, Marshall Deal, Chris McCloy and Brandon Williams.
Please visit our online memorial at www.hodgesmoore.com to sign the guest book and share fond memories with the Youngblood family.
Memorial contributions may be made to Pruitt Health Hospice, 466 South Gray St, Millen, Georgia 30442 or St. Jude’s Children Hospital, 501 St. Jude Place, Memphis, TN 38105.
Hodges-Moore Funeral Home is in charge of funeral arrangements.
- Diane Allmond, Daughter
- Kay Allmond Lane (Donnie), Daughter
- Billy Allmond, Son
- Connie Allmond Calhoun, Daughter
- Bonnie Allmond, Daughter
- Joyce Reese, Step-daughter
- Larry Finch, Brother
- Margaret Motes, Sister
- Margie Bateman (Dean), Sister
- Jaraleene Finch, Sister-in-law
- Vergie and Annie Mae Ellis Finch, Parents
- Charles Youngblood, Husband
- Sidney Allmond, Father of her Children
- Daniel Finch, Brother
- Michael Lane, Grandchild
- Nicholas Lane, Grandchild
- Victor Allmond, Grandchild
- Diane Cleda Allmond, Daughter-in-law
- Mack Allmond, Step-Son
- Mrs. Youngblood leaves 16 grandchildren; 17 great grandchildren and numerous nieces and nephews to cherish her memory.
- Mark Calhoun, Active Pallbearer
- Corey Calhoun, Active Pallbearer
- Matt Williams, Active Pallbearer
- Marshall Deal, Active Pallbearer
- Chris McCloy, Active Pallbearer
- Brandon Williams, Active Pallbearer
Pruitt Health Hospice
466 South Gray Street, Millen, Georgia 30442
St. Jude's Children's Hospital
501 St. Jude Place, Memphis, Tennessee 38105
- A Gathering of Family and Friends Monday, August 13, 2018
- Funeral Service Monday, August 13, 2018
- Burial Monday, August 13, 2018
Marie Finch Allmond Youngblood
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
August 12, 2018
Hi Dawg - I’m so sorry about the loss of your mother. Please know you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.