Ronnie David Kirby
March 11, 1947 – April 3, 2018
Ronnie David Kirby, 71, of Statesboro, GA, passed away peacefully on April 3, 2018.
Ronnie was born March 11, 1947 to Barney and Edna (Brown) Kirby and married his soul mate, Laura (Gastler) Kirby, February 16, 1985.
He loved the Lord and strived for perfection in every project he undertook, from baking and cake decorating to construction work. Ronnie proudly served his country in the United States Navy for 30 years before retiring.
Ronnie is preceded in death by his parents, brothers, Billy Kirby and Wallace Kirby; and sisters, Olivia McGuffin and Betty Lee.
He leaves behind a wife, Laura; daughter, Dawn Carroll and her husband Chris Carroll and their two children, Tristan (21) and Alex (14); son, David Kirby and his daughter, Marianna Kirby; daughter, Veronica Armstrong and her husband, Joel Armstrong Sr. and their three children, Joel, Jr (7), Zachariah (4), and Howard (18 months); son, Michael Kirby and his wife, Rheann and their two children, Adalyn (3) and Gabriel (2); daughter, Jessica Kirby and her son, Timothy Hagar Jr (6); sisters, Bonnie (Bartow) Edwards and Brenda (Jim) Rabon; brother, Jimmy (Pat) Kirby; and many nieces and nephews and many great nieces and great nephews.
A gathering of family and friends will be held 3:00 to 5:00 PM Saturday April 7, 2018 at Hodges-Moore Funeral Home followed by the funeral service in the funeral home chapel at 5:30 PM officiated by Pastor Scott Moore.
Please visit our online memorial at www.hodgesmoore.com to sign the guest book and share fond memories with the Kirby family.
Hodges-Moore Funeral Home is in charge of funeral arrangements.
- Laura Kirby, Wife
- Dawn Carroll (Chris), Daughter
- David Kirby, Son
- Veronica Armstrong (Joel), Daughter
- Michael Kirby (Rheann), Son
- Jessica Kirby, Daughter
- Bonnie Edwards (Bartow), Sister
- Brenda Rabon (Jim), Sister
- Jimmy Kirby (Pat), Brother
- Tristan Carroll, Grandchild
- Alex Carroll, Grandchild
- Marianna Kirby, Grandchild
- Joel Armstrong Jr., Grandchild
- Zachariah Armstrong, Grandchild
- Howard Armstrong, Grandchild
- Adalyn Kirby, Grandchild
- Gabriel Kirby, Grandchild
- Timothy Hagar Jr., Grandchild
- Barney Kirby, Father
- Edna Brown Kirby, Mother
- Billy Kirby, Brother
- Wallace Kirby, Brother
- Olivia McGuffin, Sister
- Betty Lee, Sister
- Mr. Kirby leaves many niece, nephews, great-nieces and great-nephews to cherish his memory.
- A Gathering of Family and Friends Saturday, April 7, 2018
- Funeral Service Saturday, April 7, 2018
- Private Interment
Ronnie David Kirby
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
receive updates when new memories are postedRECEIVE UPDATES
April 4, 2018
My prayers and thoughts are with Ronnie's family and loved ones. He was a good father and man. You will be missed but left many wonderful memories for all. God Bless.