Thomas Hilton Cook
March 19, 1947 – October 30, 2018
Mr. Thomas Hilton Cook, age 71, passed away peacefully Tuesday, October 30, 2018 at Ogeechee Area Hospice after a brief illness, surrounded by his loving wife and kids.
Mr. Cook was a 1965 graduate of Pleasant High School in Marion, Ohio. He worked as a railroad trainman for 20 years and then as a sheet rocker, retiring after 30 years of service. Mr. Cook enjoyed fishing, watching football on television, spending time and cooking out with his family and friends, and the companion of his little dog Angelpoo.
He is preceded in death by his parents, Louise D. and Thomas E. Cook, and former wife, Cathy Cook.
Survivors include his wife of 29 years, Wilma Cook, Brooklet; daughters, Anngie Donaldson, Brooklet, Abbie Thompson (Matt), Sylvania, Tonya Kicklighter (Steve), Brooklet; sons, Tom Cook (Janice), Statesboro, Tim Cook, OH; stepsons, James Brown and Jeffrey Brown, both of Ohio; sister, Candice Chillik, OH; 12 grandchildren , 9 great grandchildren and several nieces and nephews.
Visitation will be held Thursday 2-4 p.m. at Hodges-Moore Funeral Home.
Following visitation, the funeral service will be held Thursday afternoon at 4 p.m. in the chapel of Hodges-Moore Funeral Home with the Reverend Patrick McElveen officiating.
Burial will be in Bulloch Memorial Gardens.
Serving as pallbearers will be Allen Deloach, Kelly Thompson, Justin Donaldson, Steve Kicklighter, Jr. Elrod and Frank Hulsey.
Memorial contributions may be made to the American Cancer Society, 515 Denmark St. Statesboro, Ga.30458 or Ogeechee Area Hospice, P.O. Box 531 Statesboro, Ga. 30459.
Please visit our on line memorial at www.hodgesmoore.com to sign the guestbook and share fond memories with the Cook Family.
Hodges-Moore Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
- Wilma Cook, Wife
- Anngie Donaldson, Daughter
- Abbie Thompson (Matt), Daughter
- Tonya Kicklighter (Steve), Daughter
- Tom Cook (Janice), Son
- Tim Cook, Son
- James Brown, Stepson
- Jeffery Brown, Stepson
- Candice Chillik, Sister
- Thomas E. and Louise D. Cook, Parents
- Cathy Cook, Former Wife
- Mr. Cook leaves 12 grandchildren, nine great-grandchildren and several nieces and nephews to cherish his memory.
- Allen Deloach, Active Pallbearer
- Kelly Thompson, Active Pallbearer
- Justin Thompson, Active Pallbearer
- Steve Kicklighter, Active Pallbearer
- Junior Elrod, Active Pallbearer
- Frank Hulsey, Active Pallbearer
American Cancer Society
515 Denmark St, Statesboro, Georgia 30458
- Ogeechee Area Hospice
- Visitation Thursday, November 1, 2018
- Funeral Service Thursday, November 1, 2018
- Burial Thursday, November 1, 2018
Thomas Hilton Cook
November 2, 2018
so sorry for your loss. I have great memories of your dad and you all.