Walter Louis "Bo" Dyches
August 12, 1943 – June 27, 2018
Walter Louis “Bo” Dyches, age 74, passed away peacefully Wednesday, June 27th in Ogeechee Area Hospice surrounded by his loving family.
Mr. Dyches was a native and lifelong resident of Bulloch County and attended local schools. Bo worked as a mechanic and a painter and was an avid hunter and fisherman, but loved spending time with his family, especially his grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
Mr. Dyches was preceded in death by his parents, David Lee and Janie Mae Mobley Dyches and brother, Daniel Dyches.
Bo is survived by his sons, Stacy Louis Dyches (Sonya McMillan) of Sylvania; Stephen Hansel Dyches (Terri) of Brooklet and Jeffery Dale Dyches (Sheila) of Sylvania; daughter, Teresa Maria Dyches (Ricky Collins) of Nevils; mother of his children, Janice Dyches of Statesboro; brothers, Robert Dyches of Jacksonville, FL; David Earl Dyches, Jimmy Dyches and Harry Dyches all of Statesboro; sisters, Geraldine Barrs, Josephine Davis, Pauline Williams, Audrey Thompson and Sue Gravley all of Statesboro; six grandchildren, Staci Brooke Dyches, Summer Nicole Dyches, Chelsea Kay Dyches, Tyler Dale Dyches, Ricky Glenn Cook, Jr and Brandon Louis Cook; two great-grandchildren Avery Brooke Cobb and Sawyer Grace Ulmer; many nieces and nephews.
A gathering of family and friends will be held 10:30 to 11:00 AM Friday, June 29th in Hodges-Moore Funeral Home immediately followed by the funeral service in the funeral home chapel, with Reverend Elmer Golden officiating.
The burial will follow in Bulloch Memorial Gardens.
Pallbearers will be Jeremy Dyches, Jason Dyches, Damian Dyches, Jamie Dyches, Tony Dyches and Charlie Rushing.
Please visit our online memorial at www.hodgesmoore.com to sign the guest book and share fond memories with the Dyches family.
Hodges-Moore Funeral Home is in charge of funeral arrangements.
- Stacy Louis Dyches (Sonya McMillan), Son
- Stephen Hansel Dyches (Terri), Son
- Jeffery Dale Dyches (Sheila), Son
- Teresa Maria Dyches (Ricky Collins), Daughter
- Janice Dyches, Mother of his Children
- Robert Dyches, Brother
- David Earl Dyches, Brother
- Jimmy Dyches, Brother
- Harry Dyches, Brother
- Geraldine Barrs, Sister
- Josephine Davis, Sister
- Pauline Williams, Sister
- Audrey Thompson, Sister
- Sue Gravely, Sister
- Staci Brooke Dyches, Grandchild
- Summer Nicole Dyches, Grandchild
- Chelsea Kay Dyches, Grandchild
- Tyler Dale Dyches, Grandchild
- Ricky Glenn Cook Jr., Grandchild
- Brandon Louis Cook, Grandchild
- Avery Brooke Cobb, Great Grandchild
- Sawyer Grace Ulmer, Great Grandchild
- David Lee and Janie Mae Mobley Dyches, Parents
- Daniel Dyches, Brother
- Mr. Dyches leaves many nieces and nephews, as well as, many friends to cherish his memory.
- Jeremy Dyches, Active Pallbearer
- Jason Dyches, Active Pallbearer
- Damian Dyches, Active Pallbearer
- Jamie Dyches, Active Pallbearer
- Tony Dyches, Active Pallbearer
- Charlie Rushing, Active Pallbearer
- A Gathering of Family and Friends Friday, June 29, 2018
- Funeral Service Friday, June 29, 2018
- Burial Friday, June 29, 2018
Walter Louis "Bo" Dyches
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
receive updates when new memories are postedRECEIVE UPDATES
June 28, 2018
He taught me so much, he was like a second father to me. He meant so much to me because I could talk to him about everything and he wouldn’t judge me . I love you and will miss you. We spent everyday together laughing at everything and anything. It was the good old days, I know after I had my child I didn’t see you enough and I’m sorry. I wish I would have, say hello to daddy and uncle ray.