March 17, 1942 – March 18, 2020
Arvle McLendon, age 78, of Sulphur, Louisiana passed away on Wednesday, March 18, 2020. Arvle was born on March 17, 1942 in Beaumont, TX.
Arvle proudly served in the US Army. He retired after 40+ years as a Rig Supervisor. He loved spending time with his wife digging for arrowheads. Arvle was a devoted husband, father, and grandfather.
He was preceded in death by his loving wife, Velma Bedison McLendon, daughter, Paula Sue McLendon, grandson, Joshua McLendon, great-granddaughter, Bethany Maronge, parents, Tom and Selina Daigle McLendon, brothers, Gene McLendon and Dalton and Dolton McLendon, and sisters, Alice Russell, Doris Cooper, and Gertrude Stains.
Those left to cherish his memory are his two daughters, Polly Abrahams and Terri Maronge; son, Paul McLendon; grandchildren, Loewen Abrahams and wife, Grace, Austin Abrahams, Marti Cochran and husband, Jason, Andrew Maronge, Cory Maronge and wife, Heather, and Tyler McLendon; brother, Ervin McLendon and wife, Carolyn, 17 great-grandchildren, and a host of nieces and nephews.
There will be a private visitation and a Celebration of Life Service led by Celebrant, Jody Barrilleaux under the direction of Hixson-Sulphur Memorial Funeral Home. Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.hixsonsulphurmemorial.com for the McLendon family.
- Polly Abrahams, Daughter
- Terri Maronge, Daughter
- Paul McLendon, Son
- Loewen Abrahams and wife Grace, Grandson
- Austin Abrahams, Grandson
- Marti Cochran and husband Jason, Granddaughter
- Andrew Maronge, Grandson
- Cory Maronge and wife Heather, Grandson
- Tyler McLendon, Grandson
- Ervin McLendon and wife Carolyn, Brother
- Velma Bedison McLendon, Loving Wife (deceased)
- Pamela Sue McLendon, Daughter (deceased)
- Joshua McLendon, Grandson (deceased)
- Bethany Maronge, Great Granddaughter (deceased)
- Tom and Selina Daigle McLendon, Parents (deceased)
- Gene, Dalton, and Dolton McLendon, Brothers (deceased)
- Alice Russell, Doris Cooper, and Gertrude Stains, Sisters (deceased)
- also left to cherish Arvle's memory are seventeen great-grandchildren, and a host of nieces and nephews.