December 30, 1936 – August 2, 2018
Betty J. Davis Johnson, 81, passed away Thursday, August 2, 2018.
First and foremost in Betty's life was her family whom she loved dearly. She enjoyed cooking, family gatherings, gambling and bingo. She will be remembered for her fearless, spunky and passionate outlook on life.
Left to cherish her memory are her daughters, Judy Primeaux and Vera (Jerry) Hollier; son by choice, Dale (Deanie) OʻQuain all of Sulphur; grandchildren, Jessica Thibodeaux, Leslie (PJ) Olivier, Jennifer (Michaell) LaBorde, Matthew Johnson, and Annie (Andrew) Primeaux; great-grandchildren, Britnee Thibodeaux, Zackery, Zoe, Zailey, Zane, Zaya Olivier; Audrey and Lincoln LaBorde, and Chloe and Hadden Johnson; sister, Johnnie Vera (Dudley) Cockerell of Stamford, TX; and her puppy companions Little Bit, Sally and Holly. She was preceded in death by her husband of 64 years, William "Bill” Johnson ; sisters, Sissy Ellis and Maddie Sue Jones; and great-grandchildren, Hayden Johnson and Lani LaBorde. A Celebration of Life Service will be 2pm, Monday, August 6, 2018 in Hixson-Sulphur Memorial Funeral Home Chapel. Burial will follow at Mimosa Pines Cemetery of Carlyss. Visitation will be 10am – 2pm Monday. Words of comfort and memories may be shared with the family at www.hixsonfuneralhomes.com.
- Judy Primeaux, Daughter
- Vera Hollier and husband Jerry, Daughter
- Dale O'Quain and wife Deanie, Son by choice
- Jessica Thibodeaux, Granddaughter
- Leslie Olivier and husband P.J., Granddaughter
- Jennifer LaBorde and husband Michael, Granddaughter
- Matthew Johnson, Grandson
- Annie Primeaux and husband Andrew, Granddaughter
- Britnee Thibodeaux, Great Grandchild
- Zackery, Zoe, Zailey, Zane, and Zaya Olivier, Great Grandchild
- Lincoln LaBorde, Great Grandchild
- Audrey LaBorde, Great Grandchild
- Chloe and Hadden Johnson, Great Grandchild
- Johnnie Vera Cockerell and husband Dudley, Sister
- Little Bit, Sally, and Holly, her puppy companions
- William "Bill" Johnson, Husband of 64 years
- Sissy Ellis and Maddie Sue Jones, Sister
- Hayden Johnson and Lani LaBorde, Great Grandchild
- Visitation Monday, August 6, 2018
- Celebration of Life Monday, August 6, 2018