George L. Young
October 5, 1930 – August 7, 2018
Sulphur- George Lee Young, 87, died Tuesday, August 7, 2018, in a local hospital. He was a native and lifelong resident of Sulphur. George enjoyed carpentry work and gardening.
Survivors include his daughters, Gorlene Deshotel of Sulphur and Letitia Young of Vinton; his sister, Lola Mae Stanley of Snellville, Georgia; five grandchildren, Jinnifer LeBlanc, Daphne Ravencraft, Ronnie Rhodes, Jill Fontenot, and BJ Fontenot; fifteen great-grandchildren; and five great-great-grandchildren. He is preceded in death by his wife of 70 years, Leurline Dunn "Bobbie" Young; two brothers, Bennett Young and Elray Young; and a grandson, Daniel Hunsucker.
A Celebration of George's Life will be held at 10 a.m. Saturday, August 11, in Hixson-Sulphur Memorial Funeral Home, led by Jody Barrilleaux, Celebrant. Burial will be in Roselawn Cemetery in Sulphur. Visitation is from 5-8 p.m. Friday and from 8:30 a.m. until the time of service Saturday in the funeral home. Words of comfort may be shared with the family at www.hixsonfuneralhomes.com.
- Gorlene Deshotel, Daughter
- Letitia Young, Daughter
- Lola Mae Stanley, Sister
- Jinnifer LeBlanc, Grandchild
- Daphne Ravencraft, Grandchild
- Ronnie Rhodes, Grandchild
- Jill Fontenot, Grandchild
- B.J. Fontenot, Grandchild
- Leurline Dunn "Bobbie" Young, Wife of 70 years
- Bennett Young, Brother
- Elray Young, Brother
- Daniel Hunsucker, Grandson
- Visitation Friday, August 10, 2018
- Celebration of Life Saturday, August 11, 2018
George L. Young
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY