Griffith Adam Foreman
September 26, 1937 – May 6, 2020
Griffith "Griff" Adam Foreman, age 82, of Sulphur, Louisiana passed away peacefully at his home on Wednesday May 6, 2020 surrounded by his loving family. Griff was born on September 26, 1937.
Griff proudly served in the U.S. Marine Corps. He taught radio, telegraph, and played baseball with the Hawaiian Marines. He also played semi pro baseball after he returned home. When Griff was young he played baseball, basketball, and competed in track and field for Sulphur High School. He also loved music, dancing, making wine, and was known to be a jokester. Griff loved life to the fullest! Griff was a devoted husband, daddy, papop who will be greatly missed.
He was preceded in death by his great-granddaughter, Leighanne "LeeLee" Nicole Mangrum, parents, Odey and Zula Foreman, paternal grandparents, Moses and Ovelia Foreman, and sister, Violet Thibodeaux.
Those left to cherish his memory are his loving wife of 59 years, Velma Lee Foreman; three sons, Ricky Foreman, Anthony Foreman, and Curtis Foreman and partner, Douglas; daughter, Tammie Aucoin and husband, Claude "Dozey"; grandchildren, Bradley Mangrum and wife, Sharon, Jeremy Mangrum and wife, Cristina, Ashley Mangrum, Kylie Marcantel and husband R.L., Ashlynn Aucoin and fiance', Alex Chavanne, and Heather Rose Foreman; great-grandchildren, Brady, Emberly, Nora Capri, Charleigh, Aria, and two on the way, Amelia Grace Marcantel and Grayson Chavanne and a host of nieces and nephews.
Visitation and services will be private under the direction of Hixson-Sulphur Memorial Funeral Home. Rev. Michael Caraway will officiate services.
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.hixsonsulphurmemorial.com for the Foreman family.
- Velma Lee Foreman, Loving Wife of 59 years
- Ricky Foreman, Son
- Anthony Foreman, Son
- Curtis Foreman (Douglas), Son
- Tammie Aucoin and husband Claude "Dozey", Daughter
- Bradley Mangrum and wife Sharon, Grandson
- Jeremy Mangrum and wife Cristina, Grandson
- Ashley Mangrum, Granddaughter
- Kylie Marcantel and husband R.L., Granddaughter
- Ashlynn Aucoin and fiance' Alex Chavanne, Granddaughter
- Heather Rose Foreman, Granddaughter
- Brady, Emberley, Nora, Capri, Charleigh, Aria, and two on the way., Great Grandchildren
- Amelia Grace Marcantel and Grayson, Great Grandchildren
- Leighanne "LeeLee" Nicole Mangrum, Great Granddaughter (deceased)
- Odey and Zula Foreman, Parents (deceased)
- Moses and Ovelia Foreman, Paternal Grandparents (deceased)
- Violet Thibodeaux, Sister (deceased)
- also left to cherish his memory area host of nieces and nephews.
Learn more about the Foreman name
Griffith Adam Foreman
Donna and Christina Jones
May 8, 2020
Velma Lee, our deepest condolences. Griff was a wonderful man and we know you will miss him dearly. Let us know if we can do anything for you.
Love. Donna and Christina