Harriet Elizabeth Sampson
October 10, 1947 – December 4, 2018
Harriet Elizabeth Sampson, 71, passed away Tuesday, December 4, 2018.
She was a lifelong resident of Sulphur and graduated from Sulphur High in 1965. Harriet worked in the Classified Advertising Department of the Southwest Daily News for over 20 years. She loved spending time with her family and her dogs.
Left to cherish her memory are her husband of 52 years, Charles "Sam" Sampson; son, James Sampson and wife, Joanie of McCleary, WA; daughter, Christy Sevier and husband, Anthony, of Baton Rouge; daughter-in-law, Cindy Sampson of Belton, TX; grandson, James Thomas Sampson of Baton Rouge; sister, Mary Jenel Hinch of Sulphur; and father-in-law, William "Bill" Sampson of Westlake. She will be missed dearly by her niece, Debbie Whaley and husband, Rusty; great niece, Chelsea LeDoux and her husband, Josh; great nephew, Ryan Whaley; great-great nieces and nephews, Ryder and Kopen LeDoux and Piper Whaley.
Preceded in death by her parents, Arthur and Jenola All ; and mothers-in-law, Verna Sampson and Hazel Sampson.
Funeral services will be held 11am Friday, December 7, 2018 in Hixson Sulphur Memorial Funeral Home. Burial will follow in Dutch Cove Cemetery of Carlyss. Visitation will be held Thursday, 4 - 8pm and resume Friday 10 - 11am. Words of comfort may be shared with the family at www.hixsonfuneralhomes.com.
- Charles "Sam" Sampson, Husband of 52 years
- James Sampson and wife Joanie, Son
- Christy Sevier and husband Anthony, Daughter
- Cindy Sampson, Daughter-in-law
- James Thomas Sampson, Grandson
- Mary Jenel Hinch, Sister
- William "Bill" Sampson, Father-in-law
- Debbie Whaley and husband Rusty, Niece
- Chelsea LeDoux and husband Josh, Great-niece
- Ryan Whaley, Great-nephew
- Ryder,and Kopen LeDoux and Piper Whaley, Great-great-nieces and nephews
- Arthur and Jenola All, Parents
- Verna Sampson, Mother-in-law
- Hazel Sampson, Mother-in-law
- Anthony Sevier, Pallbearer
- James Thomas Sampson, Pallbearer
- Ryan Whaley, Pallbearer
- Rusty Whaley, Pallbearer
- Josh LeDoux, Pallbearer
- Daniel Drymon, Pallbearer
- Ryder LeDoux, Pallbearer
- Visitation Thursday, December 6, 2018
- Visitation Friday, December 7, 2018
- Funeral Service Friday, December 7, 2018
Harriet Elizabeth Sampson
December 10, 2018
I will always remember Aunt Harriet's beautiful smile, and infectious laughter. Sending my sincere condolences to the family. Keeping ya'll in my prayers.
Sincerely, Melissa Borel Hebert , Rodney Hebert, and Ashley Coulon
December 6, 2018
I worked with Mrs. Harriet for almost 9 years at the newspaper. She was a great person and will truly be missed. Sending my condolences & prayers to her family.
December 5, 2018
Prayers and thoughts going out to the Sampson family. Harriet was a kind and dear friend. She will be missed by all.