Jackie Lee Prejean
December 2, 1934 – March 4, 2018
Jackie Lee Prejean a native of Sulphur, La passed away peacefully at his son’s home in Lafayette, La Sunday, March 4, 2018 at the age of 83 years.
Loving father of Michael John Prejean (Peggy Prejean) of Lafayette, Don Paul Prejean of Scott, La, and Tina Prejean Starr (Kevin Starr) of Hope Mills, NC. Loving grandfather of Michael John Prejean II (Hannah) of Maurice, La, Zachary Eli Prejean (Kati) of Maurice, La, Meghan Widmann of Pearland, Tx, (Brian), Sean McGovern of Hartford, Ct, Jackie Prejean of Abbeville, La, Justin Chapman of Anchorage, AK, and Ryan Chapman (Kristie) of Brainerd, MN. Loving great-grandfather of Emmy, Eli, and Ellen Prejean of Maurice, La, Wyatt Cole Widmann of Pearland, Tx, and Sofia Chapman of Brainerd, MN. Loving brother of Patricia Prejean Goodfriend (A.J.) of Sulphur, LA and the late Joyce Prejean Abshire (Kink) of Sulphur, La. Jackie is the son of the late Eli “Smokey”Prejean and Rita Malaparte Prejean of Sulphur,La.
Jackie worked for Diamond M Drilling Company for over 30 years. He worked as a roughneck, driller, and tool pusher. After retiring from the oilfield, Jackie then worked as the head custodian at R. W. Vincent Elementary. Jackie was a graduate of Sulphur High School then joined the U.S. Navy on December 14, 1953 where he served during the Korean War. The family wishes to express their sincere gratitude to Bridgeway Healthcare and Hospice, Grace Home Health, and Home instead Senior Care.
A Celebration of Life Service will be held at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 6, 2018 at Hixson-Sulphur Funeral Chapel. Celebrant, Jody Barrilleaux will lead services. In lieu of flowers family request donations to be made: Wounded Warrior Project. Words of comfort may be shared with the family at www.hixsonfuneralhomes.com
- Michael John Prejean and wife Peggy, Son
- Don Paul Prejean, Son
- Tina Prejean Starr and husband Kevin, Daughter
- Michael John Prejean, II and wife Hannah, Grandson
- Zachary Eli Prejean and wife Kati, Grandson
- Meghan Windmann and Brian, Granddaughter
- Sean McGovern, Grandson
- Jackie Prejean, Grandson
- Justin Chapman, Grandson
- Ryan Chapman and wife Kristie, Grandson
- Emmy, Eli, and Ellen Prejean, great-grandchildren
- Wyatt Cole Widmann and Sofia Chapman, great-grandchildren
- Patricia Prejean Goodfriend and husband A.J., Sister
- Elie "Smokey" Prejean and Rita Malaparte Prejean, parents
- Joyce Prejean Abshire and husband Kink, Sister
- Wounded Warrior Project
- Visitation Tuesday, March 6, 2018
- Rosary Tuesday, March 6, 2018
- Celebration of Life Tuesday, March 6, 2018
Jackie Lee Prejean
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
receive updates when new memories are postedRECEIVE UPDATES
March 6, 2018
I always loved our Fourth of July picnics for Mike's birthday. Uncle Jack loved getting the whole family together. He was a kind-hearted and compassionate man. I will miss him. Love and prayers to his children and extended family.
March 5, 2018
I didn’t know you, but you raised a fine daughter. We love Tina in Fayetteville. We’re all sorry for the families loss.