James "TeBoy" Johnson
November 10, 1932 – July 6, 2019
James "TeBoy" Johnson, age 86, of Sulphur, Louisiana passed away on Saturday July 6, 2019 at his home surrounded by his loving family. James was born on November 10, 1932.
"TeBoy" graduated from Sulphur High School and University of Southwest Louisiana. He retired from Citgo Oil Refinery in Sulphur after 38 years. In his spare time he enjoyed hunting and fishing. "TeBoy" was known for his beautiful yard and flower gardens.
He was preceded in death by his loving wife of 60 years, Eleanor Marie Johnson, parents, Thelma and August "Judge" Johnson; and two brothers; Kenneth A. Johnson and Leroy Johnson.
Survivors include two sons, James Michael Johnson and wife, Belinda of Sulphur, and Mark Kent Johnson and wife, Helen of Moss Bluff; four grandchildren, Lindsey, Janie, Haley, and Hunter Johnson; sister-in-law, Althea Thomas, two brothers-in-law, Earl James "EJ" McManus and wife, Myrtle Ann "Tannie", and Kenneth Ray McManus and wife, Donna, all of Moss Bluff; and numerous nieces and nephews .
Visitation will be held from 5-8 p.m. Tuesday at Hixson-Sulphur Memorial Funeral Home. A Rosary will be held at 6 p.m. Visitation will resume at 9 a.m. until time of service.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be held 11 a.m. Wednesday, July 10, 2019 at Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in Sulphur. Rev. Timothy Goodly will officiate. Burial will follow in Highland Cemetery in Lake Charles. Pallbearers will be Hunter Johnson, David Johnson, Charlie Venissat, Raymond Venissat, Joseph Pousson, and Troy Lafleur. Honorary Pallbearers will be Larry Johnson and Rocky Gregory. Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.hixsonsulphurmemorial.com for the Johnson family.
- James Michael Johnson and wife Belinda, Son
- Mark Kent Johnson and wife Helen, Son
- Lindsey Johnson, Granddaughter
- Janie Johnson, Granddaughter
- Haley Johnson, Granddaughter
- Hunter Johnson, Grandson
- Althea Thomas, Sister-in-law
- Earl James "EJ" McManus and wife Myrtle Ann "Tannie", Brother-in-law
- Kenneth Ray McManus and wife Donna, Brother-in-law
- Eleanor Marie Johnson, Wife of 60 Years
- Thelma and August "Judge" Johnson, Parents
- Kenneth A. Johnson, Brother
- Leroy Johnson, Brother
- also left to cherish TeBoy's memory are numerous nieces and nephews..
- Hunter Johnson, Pallbearer
- David Johnson, Pallbearer
- Charlie Venissat, Pallbearer
- Raymond Venissat, Pallbearer
- Joseph Pousson, Pallbearer
- Troy Lafleur, Pallbearer
- Larry Johnson, Honorary Pallbearer
- Rocky Gregory, Honorary Pallbearer
- Visitation Tuesday, July 9, 2019
- Visitation Wednesday, July 10, 2019
- Rosary Tuesday, July 9, 2019
- Mass of Christian Burial Wednesday, July 10, 2019
James "TeBoy" Johnson
July 9, 2019
T-Boy was my shift foreman for many years in the lab at Citgo. He had a great laugh and ran a tight shift. Rest In Peace friend, you will always be a fond memory to me. Prayers for your family. God Bless.
July 8, 2019
All I will say is, TeBoy meant more to me growing up, and later in life than any other person in my life. I remember every minute ever spent with him. You're in my heart always.. Yes, my Uncle, but my old friend too. It hurts dearly not being there, but being Honorary Pallbearer is my great honor. Thank you Mike and Mark for that.