August 8, 1929 – February 3, 2020
Sulphur- Jeanette Gremillion, 90, died Monday, February 3, 2020, in her residence. She was a native and lifelong resident of Sulphur and was a member of Our Lady of Prompt Succor Catholic Church and the Catholic Daughters. Jeanette was a strong supporter of St. Jude Children's Hospital and also enjoyed sewing, and playing cards and dominos.
Survivors include her son, Dale Gremillion and wife, Jana of Sulphur; siblings, Jerry Sonnier, Robert Sonnier, Annie Lou Bonsall, and Edith Miller all of Sulphur; step-children, JoAnn Winfree and husband, Alvin of Westlake, Bobby Richard and wife, Dale of Lake Charles, and Pat Richard and wife, Rita of Hot Springs, Arkansas; five grandchildren, Jared Gremillion and wife, Carla, Trent Gremillion and partner, Dustin Smith, Jordan Gremillion Hefner and husband, Josh, Kayla Gremillion Lindsey and partner, Garrett Grigsby, and Joey Gremillion and partner, Dylan Warner; and seven great-grandchildren. She is preceded in death by her spouses, Floyd Gremillion and Loicy Richard; son, Carl Gremillion; infant son, Jared Gremillion; and siblings, Harry Sonnier, Joyce Comeaux, Adley Joseph "PeeWee" Sonnier, Clifford Sonnier, Mary Lou Breaux, Danny Sonnier, Frankie Sonnier, Celina Sonnier, and Irving Sonnier.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday, February 6, in Our Lady of Prompt Succor Catholic Church. The Rev. Edward Richard, MS will officiate. Burial will be in Roselawn Cemetery in Sulphur under the direction of Hixson-Sulphur Memorial Funeral Home. Visitation is from 5-9 p.m. Wednesday with a rosary service at 7 p.m. and from 8:30 a.m. Thursday in the funeral home. In lieu of flowers, the family asks that memorial donations be made to St. Jude Children's Hospital, 501 St. Jude Place, Memphis, TN 38105. Words of comfort may be shared with the family at www.hixsonfuneralhomes.com.
- Dale Gremillion and wife Jana, Son
- Jerry Sonnier, Brother
- Robert Sonnier, Brother
- Annie Lou Bonsall, Sister
- Edith Miller, Sister
- JoAnn Winfree and husband Alvin, step-daughter
- Bobby Richard and wife Dale, step-son
- Pat Richard and wife Rita, step-son
- Jared Gremillion and wife Carla, Grandson
- Trent Gremillion (Dustin Smith), Grandson
- Jordan Gremillion Hefner and husband Josh, Granddaughter
- Kayla Gremillion Lindsey (Garrett Grigsby), Granddaughter
- Joey Gremillion (Dylan Warner), Granddaughter
- Floyd Gremillion and Loicy Richard, Spouses (deceased)
- Carl Gremillion, Son (deceased)
- Jared Gremillion, infant son (deceased)
- Harry Sonnier, Brother (deceased)
- Joyce Comeaux, Sister (deceased)
- Adley Joseph "Pee Wee" Sonnier, Brother (deceased)
- Clifford Sonnier, Brother (deceased)
- Mary Lou Breaux, Sister (deceased)
- Danny Sonnier, Brother (deceased)
- Frankie Sonnier, Brother (deceased)
- Celina Sonnier, Sister (deceased)
- Irving Sonnier, Brother (deceased)
- also left to cherish her memory are seven great-grandchildren.
St. Jude Children's Hospital
501 Jude Place, Memphis, Tennessee 38105
- Visitation Wednesday, February 5, 2020
- Visitation Thursday, February 6, 2020
- Rosary Wednesday, February 5, 2020
- Mass of Christian Burial Thursday, February 6, 2020
February 5, 2020
Dale, Jana and family, we are so sorry for your loss! It was pleasure to have met your sweet mother! You have our thoughts and prayers! Love to you all! Carey and Lori Clark
February 4, 2020
Our condolences go out to your family.
“Live so as not to fear death. For those who live well in the world, death is not frightening but sweet and precious.” – St. Rose of Viterbo
May God grant her eternal rest in Heaven.
February 3, 2020
We all loved Monette and will definitely miss her at our crawfish boils and when we just pop in anytime! She definitely was blessed to live her last few years where people could just show up for a “Hello” or a good meal from Jana and Dale! She was “family “ to us... but for me... I will cherish the surprise look on her face when I was joking around with her ( just a personal thing between her and I). God Bless all of her family.. but take comfort knowing Monette was ready to meet her Savior and was certainly a good and faithful servant!
Deanna and family!