Louise Alsbrook Sweeney
July 25, 1931 – November 3, 2018
Louise Alsbrook Sweeney, 87, passed away Saturday, November 3, 2018 surrounded by her family.
Louise graduated from Homer High School and attended Northwestern University. She worked for AT&T/Bell South as a Business Director and retired after 35 years. Louise loved college and pro football, especially the Dallas Cowboys. She enjoyed knitting, bowling, working in her flower garden, and card games. Spending time with her friends and family was her greatest joy. Louise was a world class fisherman; living over 30 years at Toledo Bend Lake along side the love of her life for over 50 years, Mason Sweeney, Jr., who is left to cherish her memory.
Also left to cherish her memory are her children, Scott Lominac (Karen), Valerie Sweeney, and Jace Sweeney(Doreen) all of Sulphur; nine grandchildren; eleven great grandchildren, and one great-great grandchild.
Louise was preceded in death by her parents, Vandel and Laura Alsbrook; son, Dennis Lominac; sister, Mavis; and brother, Van, Jr.
Thank you to Heart of Hospice, Shelia and Cindy for helping care for Louise.
A Celebration of Louise’s life will be held 10 am, Tuesday, November 6, 2018 in Hixson-Sulphur Memorial Funeral Home. Burial will follow in Big Woods Cemetery in Edgerly. Visitation will be 4 – 8 pm Monday and resume Tuesday at 8am until time of service at 10. Words of comfort may be shared with the family at www.hixsonfuneralhomes.
- Mason Sweeney, Jr., love of her life for over 50 years
- Scott Lominac and wife Karen, Son
- Valerie Sweeney, Daughter
- Jace Sweeney and wife Doreen, Son
- Vandel and Laura Alsbrook, Parents
- Dennis Lominac, Son
- Mavis Alsbrook, Sister
- Van Alsbrook, Jr., Brother
- also left to cherish her memory are nine grandchildren; eleven great grandchildren, and one great-great grandchild.
- Visitation Monday, November 5, 2018
- Celebration of Life Tuesday, November 6, 2018