Marceline Ophelia Vice
March 7, 1933 – July 30, 2018
Marceline Ophelia Vice, 85, died Monday, July 30, 2018, in her residence.
She was a native of Hodge, Louisiana and had been a resident of Carlyss for over 70 years. She enjoyed camping cooking watching western movies, and spending time with her family. Marceline was a member of St. Theresa Catholic Church in Carlyss. She will be remembered as a very giving person and lived her life for her family.
Survivors include her son, Don Vice and wife, Charlene of Carlyss; her sisters, Elsie Boullion of Carlyss and Corene Sawyer of Phoenix, Arizona; three grandchildren, Chad Vice and wife, Samantha of Sulphur, Casey Vice of Carlyss, and Cassy Boudreaux and husband, Brad of Hackberry; and four great-grandchildren, Seth Boudreaux, Luke Vice, Sydni Boudreaux, and Melayna Vice. She is preceded in death by her husband, Joseph Elwin "Tecos" Vice; her parents, Elmer and Mildred Donaldson; and sisters, Elaine Anderson and Elma Dell Lechler.
Her funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday, August 2, in Hixson-Sulphur Memorial Funeral Home. The Rev. Luke Krzanowski, M.S. will officiate. Burial will be in Hackberry Cemetery. Visitation is from 5-9 p.m. Wednesday with a rosary service at 6 p.m. and from 9 a.m. Thursday in the funeral home. Words of comfort may be shared with the family at www.hixsonfuneralhomes.com.
- Don Vice and wife Charlene, Son
- Elsie Boullion, Sister
- Corene Sawyer, Sister
- Chad Vice and wife Samantha, Grandson
- Casey Vice, Grandson
- Cassy Boudreaux and husband Brad, Granddaughter
- Seth Boudreaux, Great Grandson
- Luke Vice, Great Grandson
- Sydni Boudreaux, Great Granddaughter
- Melayna Vice, Great Granddaughter
- Joseph Elwin 'Tecos" Vice, Husband
- Elmer and Mildred Donaldson, Parents
- Elaine Anderson, Sister
- Elma Dell Lechler, Sister
- Chad Vice, Pallbearer
- Casey Vice, Pallbearer
- Seth Boudreaux, Pallbearer
- Luke Vice, Pallbearer
- Keith Anderson, Pallbearer
- David Anderson, Pallbearer
- Brad Boudreaux, Pallbearer
- Visitation Wednesday, August 1, 2018
- Rosary Wednesday, August 1, 2018
- Funeral Service Thursday, August 2, 2018
Marceline Ophelia Vice
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
receive updates when new memories are postedRECEIVE UPDATES
Maylene Donaldson Dingler
August 2, 2018
I remember what fun times we always had when visiting Uncle Elmer and Aunt Mildred and especially getting to play with all my cousins - Marceline was 2 years younger than me.
My deepest sympathy and prayers to the family.
August 1, 2018
1948 - The Future Homemakers of America is the national organization of pupils studying homemaking in junior and senior high schools of the United States.
Some of the main objectives are :
1. To create more interest in home and community life.
2. Develop good leadership and intelligent followership.
3. Render service to others.
4. Cooperate with the school in all projects
5. Develop individual personality.
State Motto - Toward New Horizons
Local Motto - As our girlhood is, so shall our womanhood be.