Mary Christine Myers
November 27, 1928 – August 10, 2019
Sulphur- Mary Christine Myers, 90, died Saturday, August 10, 2019, in her daughter's residence. She was a native and lifelong resident of Sulphur and was a member of Our Lady of Lasalette Catholic Church. She enjoyed spending time with her family and shopping on QVC.
Survivors include her daughter, Karen Bowers of Carlyss; her grandchildren, Scott Bowers and wife, Laura and Marcia Doucet and husband, Donavan; and great-grandchildren, Taylor and Shaylee Doucet, and Blaire and Reese Bowers. She is preceded in death by her husband, Mervine J. Myers; her son-in-law, Joe A. Bowers; her parents, Jesse O'Quinn, Sr. and Julia Vincent O'Quinn; and siblings, Ernest O'Quinn, Jesse O'Quinn Jr., Maude Ammerman, and Geneva Ferguson.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be held at 11 a.m. Monday, August 12, in Our Lady of Lasalette Catholic Church. The Rev. Andrews Kollannoor, M.S. will officiate. Burial will be in Mimosa Pines Cemetery South in Carlyss under the direction of Hixson-Sulphur Memorial Funeral Home. Visitation is from 4-8 p.m. Sunday with a rosary service at 6 p.m. and will resume at 9 a.m. Monday in the funeral home. Words of comfort may be shared with the family at www.hixsonfuneralhomes.com.
- Karen Bowers, Daughter
- Scott Bowers and wife Laura, Grandson
- Marcia Doucet and husband Donavan, Granddaughter
- Taylor Doucet, Great Grandchild
- Shaylee Doucet, Great Grandchild
- Blaire Bowers, Great Grandchild
- Reese Bowers, Great Grandchild
- Mervine J. Myers, Husband (deceased)
- Joe A. Bowers, Son-in-law (deceased)
- Jesse O'Quinn, Sr. and Julia Vincent O'Quinn, Parents (deceased)
- Ernest O'Quinn, Brother (deceased)
- Jesse O'Quinn, Jr., Brother (deceased)
- Maude Ammerman, Sister (deceased)
- Geneva Ferguson, Sister (deceased)
- Visitation Sunday, August 11, 2019
- Visitation Monday, August 12, 2019
- Rosary Sunday, August 11, 2019
- Mass of Christian Burial Monday, August 12, 2019