Norleene Miley Dumesnil
January 18, 1926 – April 1, 2018
Norleene Miley Dumesnil, 92, died Sunday, April 1, 2018 at her daughters home in Bastian, Virginia.
Norleene was a wonderful mother, great wife and beloved friend. She is survived by her children; Jo Alice Dumesnil, of Orange , Texas; Jackie Gillespie and husband, Terry of Glenmora, Louisiana, Cheryl Lynn Bates and husband Richard of Bastian, Virginia, Twyla Kujawa and husband Norman of DeBary, Florida; six grandchildren, Holly Molitor, Byron Molitor, Michael Molitor, Jackie Ramieri, Michael Bates, Grey Bates; seven great grandchildren, Reno Castillo, Ryan Castillo, Ashlyn Macker, Jacob Macker, Julia Molitor, Alexis Molitor, and Lane Bates.
She is preceded in death by parents and a host of friends.
Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, April 7, 2018 in the Amiable Baptist Church at 814 Melder Road, Glenmora, Louisiana. Rev. Dwayne Davis will officiate. Visitation will be 1 p.m. until time of service at the church. Burial will be in the Amiable Baptist Church Cemetery. Words of comfort may be shared with the family at www.hixsonfuneralhomes.com.
- Jo Alice Dumesnil, Daughter
- Jackie Gillespie and husband Terry, Daughter
- Cheryl Lynn Bates and husband Richard, Daughter
- Twyla Kujawa and husband Norman, Daughter
- Holly Molitor, Grandchild
- Byron Molitor, Grandchild
- Michael Molitor, Grandchild
- Jackie Ramieri, Grandchild
- Michael Bates, Grandchild
- Grey Bates, Grandchild
- Reno Castillo, Great Grandchild
- Ryan Castillo, Great Grandchild
- Ashlyn Macker, Great Grandchild
- Jacob Macker, Great Grandchild
- Julia Molitor, Great Grandchild
- Alexis Molitor, Great Grandchild
- Lane Bates, Great Grandchild
- Sterling Dumensil, Husband
- Isaiah and Alice Miley, parents
- Visitation Saturday, April 7, 2018
- Funeral Service Saturday, April 7, 2018
Norleene Miley Dumesnil
April 19, 2018
My momma was the kindest, most loving person I have ever known. She loved her family, friends, but most of all, she loved her Savior, and spoke freely about Him to everyone she met. Because of her love and care for me as a child, it was easy to believe that there was a God who loved and cared about me, also. I miss her each and every day, but know that I will see her again. All her heartaches are forgotten. It's an honor to be her daughter.
April 8, 2018
My mother was Norleene’s baby sister. Through thick and thin they remained loving and loyal to one another. Mama adored her sister and we visited Sulphur often when we were kids. When they became separated in old age due to their health and care situations, Aunt Neen wrote letters to Mama faithfully. Even though Mama wasn’t capable of writing back, the letters meant a great deal to her and to all of us.
April 7, 2018
I am so sorry for your lose. Aunt Norleene was a loving and kind woman. I have attached a picture of her and mom together. I think the picture shows two loving sisters that are together again.