Rita Mae Badon
September 16, 1934 – October 24, 2018
Rita Mae Badon, 84, passed away Wednesday, October 24, 2018.
She was born in Grand Chenier on September, 16,1934 to John and Amerite Miller. Rita was a Johnson Bayou for most of her life before moving to Carlyss after Hurricane Rita in 2005. She and her late husband, "Blue" Badon owned M. H. "Blue" Badon Construction until his passing in 1972, she continued to run the business until 1974. Rita managed Lagneaux's Grocery Store in Holly Beach for many years. She loved baking and was well known for her Banana Cake. Rita also enjoyed reading, crafts, watching sports, and especially spoiling her grandchildren.
Left to cherish her memory are her children, Marilyn Trahan (Malcolm) and Martin Fredrick Badon all of Carlyss; brothers, Curby Miller (Phyllis) of MS and John Miller (Debbie) of Ohio; grandchildren, Tera Hargennader (Michael), Trevor Trahan (Holly) and Brodie Trahan (Betsy); great grandchildren, Serria, Bradley, Joshua, Elyse, Ella, Elena, Maeli, Mattias, Weston and Waylon; and one great great granddaughter, Alayna Rae.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Blue Badon; daughter, Cynthia Badon; brothers, Stanford, Freddy, and Alvin Miller; sister, Geneva Dyson; and parents, John and Amerite Miller
Her funeral service will be held at 10 am, Saturday, October 27, 2018 in Hixson - Sulphur Memorial Funeral Home. Rev. Luke Krzanowski, M.S. will officiate. Burial will follow at Mimosa Pines Cemetery of Carlyss. Visitation will be held in the funeral home Friday, 3 - 8pm with a recitation of the Rosary at 6pm, and resumes Saturday 8am until time of service. Words of comfort and memories may be shared with the family at www.hixsonfuneralhomes.com.
- Marilyn Trahan and husband Malcolm, Daughter
- Martin Fredrick Badon, Son
- Curby Miller and wife Phyllis, Brother
- John Miller and wife Debbie, Brother
- Tera Hargennader and husband Michael, Granddaughter
- Trevor Trahan and wife Holly, Grandson
- Brody Trahan and wife Betsy, Grandson
- Serria,Bradley,Joshua,Elyse, Ella,Elana,Maeli, Mattias,Weston, and Waylon., great-granchildren
- Alayna Rae, great-great-granddaughter
- "Blue" Badon, Husband
- Cynthia Badon, Daughter
- Stanford Miller, Brother
- Freddy Miller, Brother
- Alvin Miller, Brother
- Geneva Dyson, Sister
- John and Amerite Miller, Parents
- Visitation Friday, October 26, 2018
- Rosary Friday, October 26, 2018
- Funeral Service Saturday, October 27, 2018