Shirley Ann Adaway Gray
July 31, 1936 – August 16, 2019
Shirley Ann Adaway Gray, 83, was called home Friday, August 16, 2019.
Shirley was a lifelong Sulphur resident, long time member of First Baptist Church of Sulphur and the Eastern Star. She taught Sunday School, enjoyed volunteering at her church and visiting residents in the local nursing homes. Shirley gave of herself selflessly; raising her nephew, Ray, as he was her own child, and also later in life taking care of her niece, Charlotte. She and Charlotte loved visiting in the community. Shirley was a loving grandmother and enjoyed spoiling her grandchildren. She will be remembered for her caring and outgoing nature, warm smile and deep faith.
Left to cherish her memory are her son, Bradley Gray and wife, Francine, of Sulphur; daughter, Wendy Hite and husband, Matthew, of Boerne, Texas; her beloved nephew, Ray Adaway and his wife, Marcia, of North Vernon, IN; beloved niece, Charlotte Burke of Lake Charles; sister, Sheryl Adaway Quibodeaux of Sulphur; her grandchildren; Kevin (Nichole) Gray , Jessica (Kyle) Bouillion, Kayleigh Hite, Hannah Hite and Keegan Hite; and her great-grandchildren Kylie Bouillion, Gracelynn Bouillion and Bryson Bouillion.
She was preceded in death by her husband of 52 years Walter L. Gray; parents, Lacy and Ruby Adaway; brother, Lacy Ray Adaway; grandson, Darren Gray; and daughter-in-law, Rhonda Chesson Gray.
Funeral service will be at 1pm, Friday, August 23, 2019 in Hixson Sulphur Memorial Funeral Home. Burial will follow in Big Woods Cemetery. Visitation will 10am - 1pm, Friday in the funeral home. Words of comfort and memories may be shared with the family at www.hixsonfuneralhomes.com.
In lieu of flowers memorial donations may be made to Alzheimer's Research a www.alz.org.
- Bradley Gray and wife Francine, Son
- Wendy Hite and husband Matthew, Daughter
- Ray Adaway and wife Marcia, Beloved Nephew
- Charlotte Burke, Beloved Niece
- Sheryl Adaway Quibodeaux, Sister
- Kevin Gray and wife Nichole, Grandson
- Jessica Bouillion and husband Kyle, Granddaughter
- Kayleigh Hite, Granddaughter
- Hannah Hite, Granddaughter
- Keegan Hite, Grandson
- Kylie Bouillion, Great Granddaughter
- Gracelynn Bouillion, Great Granddaughter
- Bryson Bouillion, Great Grandson
- Walter L. Gray, Husband of 52 years (deceased)
- Lacy and Ruby Adaway, Parents (deceased)
- Lacy Ray Adaway, Brother (deceased)
- Darren Gray, Grandson (deceased)
- Rhonda Chesson Gray, Daughter-in-law (deceased)
- Alzheimer's Research @ www.alz.org
- Visitation Friday, August 23, 2019
- Funeral Service Friday, August 23, 2019