Blaine W. "Jake" Massey
May 24, 1931 – September 10, 2018
Blaine W. “Jake” Massey, 87, of Glendale, AZ passed away on September 10, 2018. He was born at home in Giles County, Virginia. Blaine raised his family in Maryland in the Washington, D.C. area.
He worked for the Railroad as an Inspector as well as many other businesses he owned, including real estate companies. He also owned and operated two movie theaters in the D.C. area and owned Homes by Blaine and Properties by Blaine.
After retirement, Blaine and his wife moved to Glendale, AZ. The beautiful weather drew them to Arizona and they have lived here since.
Blaine will always be remembered as a hardworking man, who worked every day of his life. He was a great provider to his family whom he loved dearly.
Blaine is survived by his beloved wife of almost 68 years, Vivian Massey; sons, Mike Massey and his wife Pat, Stephen Massey, Kenneth “Blaine” Massey and Timothy Massey; grandchildren, Chris Massey, Karen Massey, Mark Massey, Shawn Massey, Kenneth "Blaine" Massey and Samuel Massey and five great grandchildren, Austin, Logan, Peyton, Jacob and Sierra.
A visitation will be held at 10am with funeral service at 11am on Friday September 14, 2018 at Sunland Memorial Park, Mortuary and Cremation Center.
- Vivian (68 years) Massey, Spouse
- Mike (Pat) Massey, Son
- Stephen Massey, Son
- Kenneth "Blaine" Massey, Son
- Timothy Massey, Son
- Blaine is also survived by his grandchildren, Chris Massey, Karen Massey, Mark Massey, Shawn Massey, Kenneth Massey and Samuel Massey and five great grandchildren, Austin, Logan, Peyton, Jacob and Sierra.
- Visitation Friday, September 14, 2018
- Funeral Service Friday, September 14, 2018