Joan M. Berard
February 24, 1936 – November 18, 2021
Joan M. (Silva) Berard, age 85, passed away peacefully Thursday, November 18, 2021 in the Fall River Healthcare nursing home surrounded by her family. She was the wife of the late Paul E. Berard to whom she was married to for 45 years before his passing in 2003.
Born in Adamsville, RI a daughter of the late Joseph and Maria (Medeiros) Silva she was a longtime resident of Swansea.
A certified nursing assistant for many years at the Catholic Memorial Home and a caregiver for those with special needs at Southcoast HMEA, she was also a ceramics teacher. Skilled at many things, she enjoyed crocheting, knitting, cooking, baking, playing the organ and piano as well as singing karaoke. With an entrepreneurial spirit she owned her own studio for her ceramic creations and a catering truck.
She is survived by three daughters, Joan M. Masters of Swansea, Michelle L. Burns of Franklin and Rachel A. Dias of Fall River; one son, Paul E. Berard, Jr. and his wife Cherilyn of Swansea; one sister, Nancy Langis; one brother, Richard Silva; twelve grandchildren, Christy Aiello, Nicole Aiello, Jordan Masters, Justin Coots, Nicholas Coots, Lynsey Robbie, Brittany Dias, David Dias, Paul Berard, Alexis Maltais, Anthony Maltais, and Alicia Tiberio; seven great grandchildren, Zachary and Jayden Smith, Cashton Richard, Avery Jimenez, Brody Coots, Lailah Daigle and Zharria Brodsky; and many nieces and nephews. She was the mother of the late Elaine M. Berard, grandmother of the late Joshua Coots and was predeceased by fifteen siblings.
Her Funeral Service will be held on Tuesday, December 7, 2021 at 10:00 AM in the Waring-Sullivan Home at Birchcrest, 189 Gardners Neck Road, Swansea. Burial will be in Notre Dame Cemetery, Fall River. Relatives and friends are invited. Visiting hours will be Monday from 4:00 – 7:00 PM. Contributions in her honor may be made to the Alzheimer’s Association, 309 Waverly Oaks Rd., Waltham, MA 02452. For directions and tributes, www.waring-sullivan.com
Show your support
- The late Paul E. Berard Husband
- The late Joseph and Maria (Medeiros) Silva Parents
- Joan M. Masters Daughter
- Michelle Burns Daughter
- Rachel A. Dias Daughter
- Paul E. Berard, Jr. and his wife Cherilyn Son
- The late Elaine M. Berard Daughter
- Nancy Langis Sister
- Richard Silva Brother
- Christy Aiello Granddaughter
- Nicole Aiello Granddaughter
- Jordan Masters Granddaughter
- Justin Coots Grandson
- Nicholas Coots Grandson
- The late Joshua Coots Grandson
- Lynsey Robbie Granddaughter
- Brittany Dias Granddaughter
- David Dias Grandson
- Paul Berard Grandson
- Alexis Maltais Granddaughter
- Alicia Daigle Granddaughter
- Anthony Maltais Grandson
- Zachary Smith Great Grandson
- Jayden Smith Great Grandson
- Cashton Richard Great Grandson
- Avery Jimenez Great Granddaughter
- Brody Coots Great Grandson
- Lailah Daigle Great Granddaughter
- Zharria Brodsky Great Granddaughter
- Mrs. Berard was predeceased by fifteen siblings.
- Alzheimer's Association 309 Waverly Oaks Road, Waltham, Massachusetts 02452
In Memory Of
Joan M. Berard
Help tell the story of your loved one’s unique life. Leave a memory or share a photo below to show your support.