July 2, 1930 – March 14, 2018
Joana (Medeiros) Gracia, age 87, passed away Wednesday, March 14, 2018 at her residence surrounded by her loving family. She was the wife of the late Francis “Frank” Gracia.
Born in New Bedford, a daughter of the late Antone and the late Joana (Amaral) Medeiros she was a lifelong resident of Swansea.
A graduate of Joseph Case High School, class of 1950, she worked as a secretary for Smith Cochran Insurance Company for over 30 years before retiring in 1993. Prior to that she worked at Brown and Sharp in Brockton and was a communicant of St. Dominic’s Church.
Artistically talented, she like to paint sew and garden.
She is survived by two sons, Stephen F. Gracia of Fall River and David A. Gracia and his fiancée Cynthia Fox of Riverside; one sister, Hilda Medeiros of Swansea; one granddaughter, Nicole A. Gracia; two great-granddaughters, Maddison Cabral and Delilah Andreozzi and many nieces and nephews. She was the sister of the late Joseph Medeiros and Alzira M. “Ziggy” DeMattos.
Her Funeral will be held on Monday, March 19, 2018 at 9:30AM from the Waring-Sullivan Home at Birchcrest, 189 Gardners Neck Road, Swansea followed by a Funeral Mass at 11:00AM in St. Dominic’s Church, 1277 G.A.R. Highway, Swansea. Her visitation will be held from 9:30 to 10:30AM in the funeral home prior to services. Contributions in her honor may be made to A.R.C., 182 North Main St., Fall River, MA 02720.
- The late Francis "Frank" Gracia, Husband
- The late Antone and Joana (Amaral) Medeiros, Parents
- Stephen F. Gracia, Son
- David A. Gracia and his fiancée Cynthia Fox, Son
- Hilda Medeiros, Sister
- Nicole A. Gracia, Granddaughter
- Maddison Cabral, Great Granddaughter
- Delilah Andreozzi, Great Granddaughter
- Many nieces and nephews. She was the sister of the late Joseph Medeiros and Alzira M. “Ziggy” DeMattos.
182 North Main Street, Fall River, MA 02720
- Visiting Hours Monday, March 19, 2018
- Funeral Mass Monday, March 19, 2018
- Burial Monday, March 19, 2018
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
receive updates when new memories are postedRECEIVE UPDATES