Joseph R.B. Levesque
March 10, 1930 – March 8, 2018
Joseph R. B. “Ben” Levesque, age 87, passed away at his home in Apollo Beach, FL Thursday, March 8, 2018. He was the husband of the late Helen A. (Kish) Levesque.
Born in Fall River a son of the late Alfred J., Sr. and Marie Louise (Jalbert) Levesque he was a longtime resident of Swansea, spending his winters in Apollo Beach, FL.
A veteran of the United States Air Force, he served during the Korean Conflict and was awarded the Korean Service Medal and two Bronze Stars. He was a Firefighter for the Fall River Fire Department for 32 years, retiring as Captain in 1988.
An active member of the Knights of Columbus he was the past Grand Knight at the Fr. Joseph Boehr Council #4753 and the past Faithful Navigator at the Fr. Joseph B. Donahue Assembly #1816, both in Tiverton, RI. He was a former District Deputy and former District Marshall of the 3rd and 4th Degrees within the Rhode Island Knights of Columbus jurisdiction and a member of Massachusetts Citizen’s For Life, Fall River Chapter.
He is survived by his three children, Mrs. Susan H. DeGrazia and her husband Michael of Warren, R.I., Mr. David J. Levesque and his wife Lee of Swansea and Mrs. Sharon A. Kochan and her husband Theodore of Riverside, R.I.; four siblings, Mrs. Cecile Chicca, Mr. Roger Levesque, Mr. Roland Levesque and Mrs. Bernadette Albernaz; seven grandchildren, Kathryn and Jaclyn DeGrazia, Benjamin, Nathan and Charlotte Levesque, Peter and Zachary Kochan; He was also the grandfather of the late Joshua Kochan and brother of the late Sr. Laurianne Levesque, DHS, Joseph Alexis Levesque, Alfred J. Levesque, Jr., Robert E. Levesque, Sr. Jeannette Levesque, DHS, Sr. Louise Levesque, SJA and Eva Desrochers.
His Funeral Service will be held on Friday, March 16, 2018 at 10:00 AM from Waring-Sullivan Home at Birchcrest, 189 Gardners Neck Rd., Swansea with a Funeral Mass at 11:00 AM in St. Dominic’s Church, 1277 G.A.R. Highway, Swansea. Burial will be in Notre Dame Cemetery, Fall River. Visitation is Thursday, from 4:00 – 7:00 PM. In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made in his honor to fund Surfers Healing of RI Acts of Kindness, PO Box 29182, Providence, RI 02909, http://a-o-k.org. For tributes and directions, www.waring-sullivan.com
- The late Helen A. (Kish) Levesque, Wife
- The late Marie Louise (Jalbert) Levesque, Mother
- The late Alfred J. Levesque Sr., Father
- Susan DeGrazia and her husband Michael, Daughter
- David Levesque and his wife Lee, Son
- Sharon Kochan and her husband Theodore, Daughter
- Cecile Chicca, Sister
- Bernadette Albernaz, Sister
- Roland Levesque, Brother
- Roger Levesque, Brother
- The late Sr. Laurianne Levesque, DHS, Sister
- The late Sr. Jeannette Levesque, DHS, Sister
- The late Sr. Louise Levesque, SJA, Sister
- The late Eva Desrochers, Sister
- The late Joseph Alexis Levesque, Brother
- The late Alfred J. Levesque, Jr., Brother
- The late Robert E. Levesque, Brother
- Kathryn DeGrazia, Granddaughter
- Jaclyn DeGrazia, Granddaughter
- Benjamin Levesque, Grandson
- Nathan Levesque, Grandson
- Charlotte Levesque, Granddaughter
- Peter Kochan, Grandson
- Zachary Kochan, Grandson
- The late Joshua Kochan, Grandson
- Visitation Thursday, March 15, 2018
- Funeral Service Friday, March 16, 2018
- Funeral Mass Friday, March 16, 2018
- Burial Friday, March 16, 2018
Joseph R.B. Levesque
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
Beth and George Desrochers
March 14, 2018
Hi Susan, David and Sharon and the rest of the Levesque family - we are both saddened to hear about the passing of Uncle Benny. Having gone through this ourselves relatively recently we understand the difficulty of this time and send you our deepest sympathy. We'll remember Uncle's smile and are glad he got to enjoy his retirement both locally and in Florida. Unfortunately we won't be able to attend the planned services but we will be thinking of you all in the coming days. Thanks for posting the many great photos - they bring back a lot of fond memories with aunts, uncles and cousins...
Beth and George
March 13, 2018
Donny and I send our deepest condolences to Lee, Dave, Ben, Nate ,Charlotte and the Levesque family on the loss of your dad and Pepere. May he rest in peace. We love you.
March 12, 2018
Rest in peace Capt. Condolences to the family.