Karen Ann Codling
November 9, 1948 – March 28, 2018
Karen Ann (Smith) Codling, age 69, of Bristol, passed away Wednesday, March 28, 2018 at Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Health Care Center. She was the wife of the late Daryl O. Codling.
Born in Newport, a daughter of the late Harold J. and Norma A. (Ryan) Smith, she was a long time Bristol resident. She was a graduate of Rogers High School, class of 1966, a homemaker, who loved her family deeply and was a dedicated wife. She enjoyed gardening, traveling and her cats.
She is survived by two sisters, Janice M. Fisher and Ellen L. Smith of Swansea; three nieces, Jennifer Fisher and her husband Michael Strolen of RI, Jill Gilmore and her husband David of MD and Joy Meetis and her husband Heath of MA, five great nieces and one great nephew. She was the sister in-law of the late James C. Fisher and the aunt of the late James C. Fisher II.
Her funeral mass will be held on Monday, April 16, 2018 at 11:00AM at St. Dominic’s Church, 1277 GAR Highway, Swansea. Relatives and friends are invited. Arrangements are in the care of WARING-SULLIVAN at BIRCHCREST, 189 Gardners Neck Road, Swansea, MA 02777. Burial in St. Columba’s Cemetery, Middletown, RI. In lieu of flowers contributions in Karen’s name may be made to: Alzheimer’s Association, 309 Waverly Oaks Road, Waltham, MA 02452. For tributes and directions: www.waring-sullivan.com
- The late Daryl O. Codling, Husband
- The late Harold J. and Norma A. (Ryan) Smith, Parents
- Janice M. Fisher, Sister
- Ellen L. Smith, Sister
- Jennifer Fisher and her husband Michael Strolen, Niece
- Jill Gilmore and her husband David, Niece
- Joy Meetis and her husband Heath, Niece
- Five great nieces and one great nephew. She was the sister in-law of the late James C. Fisher and the aunt of the late James C. Fisher II.
309 Waverly Oaks Road, Waltham, MA 02452
- Memorial Service Monday, April 16, 2018
Karen Ann Codling
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
receive updates when new memories are postedRECEIVE UPDATES