George "Juice" Francis Paul
June 25, 1946 – November 4, 2019
George 'Juice' Francis Paul
With broken hearts we announce the passing of George ‘Juice’ Franics’ Paul of Eskasoni who passed away on November 4, 2019 at the Cape Breton Regional Hospital, surrounded by family. He was the son of the late George and Catherine Paul and the grandson of the late Grand Chief Gabriel Sylliboy. He was a member of Holy Family Parish, and a member of the community gospel choir ‘One in Spirit’. He belonged to the Red Tribe boxing club and the Eskasoni Elders Committee. He was also an avid 45 card player. Juice loved to play horse shoes and competed in the summer games. In his youth he was a Mi' kmaq legend in hockey and baseball. Juice was a lifetime Boston Bruins fan. He was devoted to being in service to his community, volunteering his time at Salites, and visiting with the sick. He will be missed by all who knew him.
Juice will be missed by his loving wife Laura (Gosling) Paul, daughters; Laura, Holly, Georgina, Carolyn, Georgette and one son Glen, sisters; Janet Denny, Sharon (John), Patsy (Barry), Eleanor (Patrick), and brothers; Jackie Paul and Peter Paul. Juice is also survived by many grandchildren and great grandchildren, 2 godchildren, Barry Francis and Alan Stevens as well as many nieces and nephews.
Besides his parents and grandparents, he was predeceased by his son Gabriel, by sisters; Georgina, Mary Ann, Matilda, brothers; Ryan and Gabriel and his granddaughter Rhea Mae and son in law Alfred Marshall.
Visitation will take place on Thurs Nov 7, 2019 after 7pm at 4905 Shore Road, Eskasoni. A Funeral Mass will be celebrated on Sat at 10:30 at Holy Family Parish with Fr. Asor presiding. Online condolences can be shared with family by visiting www.twcurry.com.
- George Paul, Father (deceased)
- Catherine Paul, Mother (deceased)
- Grand Chief Gabriel Sylliboy, Grandfather (deceased)
- Laura (Gosling) Paul, Spouse
- Laura ., Daughter
- Holly ., Daughter
- Georgina ., Daughter
- Carolyn ., Daughter
- Georgette ., Daughter
- Glen ., Son
- Janet Denny, Sister
- Sharon (John), Sister
- Patsy (Barry), Sister
- Eleanor (Patrick), Sister
- Jackie Paul, Brother
- Peter Paul, Brother
- Gabriel ., Son (deceased)
- Georgina ., Sister (deceased)
- Mary Ann, Sister (deceased)
- Matilda ., Sister (deceased)
- Ryan ., Brother (deceased)
- Gabriel ., Brother (deceased)
- Rhea Mae, Granddaughter (deceased)
- Alfred Marshall, Son-in-law (deceased)
- Juice is also survived by many grandchildren, great-grandchildren 2 Godchildren, Barry Francis and Alan Stevens as well as many nieces and nephews.
- Visitation Thursday, November 7, 2019
- Funeral Mass Saturday, November 9, 2019
George "Juice" Francis Paul
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY