Nancy Cecelia Paul
March 25, 1951 – November 21, 2019
PAUL, (Christmas) Nancy Cecilia Membertou
We regret to announce the passing of Nancy Cecilia Paul (Christmas), 68 of Membertou on Nov 21, 2019 at home, surrounded by her loving family.
She was the daughter of the late Thomas and Mary Julia (Marshall) Christmas.
Nancy was a member of St. Ann’s Mission Church and worked at the Union of Nova Scotia Mi’kmaq for 37 years, where she was viewed and respected as a “Mom and grandmother” figure. She was filled with knowledge and had a witty sense of humour.
Nancy married the love of her life, John in 1967 and they recently celebrated 52 years of marriage. Together they raised 4 daughters, 9 grandsons and 3 granddaughters. Nancy loved to travel and had a love of roses, especially red ones. She was the proud owner of Nastasi’s, which is Mi’kmaq for Nancy.
Nancy is survived by her husband John Paul, daughters; Angela Paul, Juanita (Aaron) Leroux, Dorothy (Gabriel) Francis, Rachel (Neil) Coles, sisters; Jean Labobe, Mary Julia Christmas, brothers; Michael Christmas, Stephen Christmas, John Alex Christmas, grandchildren; John Henry Paul II, Blaise, Todd, Bailey, Geri, Caitlin and Wade Francis, Brandon, Dustin, Dawson Paul, Riley and Tanaya Paul.
Besides her parents, she was predeceased by brothers Bernie, Noel, Thomas Christmas and Jonas Marshall.
We would like to thank Dr. Mary Doyle, Dr. Pahill and Dr MacDonald as well as the Nurses and Staff of Membertou Wellness Home.
Visitation will take place at T.W. Curry Parkview Chapel, 755 George St., on Sat Nov 23 and Sun Nov 24, 2019 from 2pm – 9:30pm. Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 11am on Mon Nov 25, 2019 at St. Marguerite Bourgeoys Church with Fr. Bill Burke officiating. Burial will take place in Membertou Memorial Gardens. Salite to follow at Membertou Trade and Convention Center Online condolences can be made to the family by visiting www.twcurry.com.
- John Paul, Husband
- Angela Paul, Daughter
- Juanita Leroux (Aaron), Daughter
- Dororthy Francis (Gabriel), Daughter
- Rachel Coles (Neil), Daughter
- Jean Labobe, Sister
- Mary Julia Christmas, Sister
- Michael Christmas, Brother
- Stephen Christmas, Brother
- John Alex Christmas, Brother
- John Henry Paul II, Grandchild
- Blaise Francis, Grandchild
- Todd Francis, Grandchild
- Bailey Francis, Grandchild
- Geri Francis, Grandchild
- Caitlin Francis, Grandchild
- Wade Francis, Grandchild
- Brandon Paul, Grandchild
- Dustin Paul, Grandchild
- Dawson Paul, Grandchild
- Riley Paul, Grandchild
- Tanaya Paul, Grandchild
- Thomas Christmas, Father (deceased)
- Mary Julia (Marshall) Christmas, Mother (deceased)
- Bernie Christmas, Brother (deceased)
- Noel Christmas, Brother (deceased)
- Thomas Christmas, Brother (deceased)
- Jonas Marshall, Brother (deceased)
- Visitation Saturday, November 23, 2019
- Visitation Sunday, November 24, 2019
- Funeral Mass Monday, November 25, 2019
Nancy Cecelia Paul
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
November 25, 2019
To the Paul Family, We are very sorry for your loss. Albert Boutilier and family.
November 24, 2019
To The Christmas family.So very sorry for your loss.We knew Nancy ,she was a wonderful person. May she Rest In Peace.🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽