Bernardina Medina Acosta
May 20, 1931 – May 18, 2018
Bernardina "Nina" M. (Medina) Acosta, age 86, of Taft, Texas passed away on Friday May 18, 2018. Bernardina was born May 20, 1931 in Taft, Texas to Trinidad Medina and Jorge Medina.
Bernardina was preceded in death by her husband: Fernando Lopez Acosta; and Parents: Jorge Medina and Trinidad Medina; Brothers: Jose Medina, Juan Medina, Jose Maria “Chema” Medina Sisters: Belia Chavez, Tomasa Yglesias, Julia Rodriguez.
Nina is survived by her children: Olivia Gonzalez (David), Sylvia Hinojosa (Juan), Arnulfo Acosta (Susie), Arturo Acosta, Irma Morales, David Acosta (Diana), Marcos Acosta (Luisa), Gilberto Acosta (Maria), Fernando M. Acosta, Carmen Acosta, Daniel Acosta (Greg)
She was born May 20, 1931 in Taft, Texas to Jorge and Trinidad Medina. She was the seventh of nine children. She was a devoted mother with a wonderful sense of humor and great cook who loved unconditionally and supported her entire family. She was a fighter up to the very end and taught us to never give up. Everyone knew not to bother her while she watched her novelas, nor while scratching off her lottery tickets.
Visitation will be held at Colonial Funeral Home in Taft, Texas, on Tuesday, May 22, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. with Rosary at 7:00 p.m.
Funeral Mass at Holy Family Catholic Church in Taft, Texas on Wednesday, May 23, 2018 at 10:00 a.m.
Burial immediately following the Funeral Mass on Wednesday, May 23, 2018 at Taft Memorial Park Cemetery, Taft, Texas.
The Acosta Famiy wishes to express their sincere gratitude to all those who have expressed sympathy, love and support during this time.
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.colonialfuneralhometaft.com for the Acosta family.
- Jorge Medina, Father
- Trinidad Medina, Mother
- Fernando L. Acosta, Husband
- Olivia Gonzalez, Daughter
- Sylvia Hinojosa, Daughter
- Arnulfo Acosta, Son
- Arturo Acosta, Son
- Irma Morales, Daughter
- David Acosta, Son
- Marcos Acosta, Son
- Gilberto Acosta, Son
- Fernando M. Acosta, Son
- Carmen Acosta, Daughter
- Daniel Acosta, Son
- Nina also had a total of thirty-two grandchildren, great grand-children and great, great-grandchildren all together left to cherish her memory. . .
- Gilbert Acosta Jr., Active
- Andres Acosta, Active
- Jacob Morales, Active
- Michael Acosta, Active
- Sergio Acosta, Active
- Steven Lopez, Active
- Jeffrey Acosta, Active
- Frank A. Garcia, Active
- Marky Acosta, Honorary Pallbearer
- Johnny Hinojosa, Honorary Pallbearer
- Arturo Acosta, Jr., Honorary Pallbearer
- Matthew Acosta, Honorary Pallbearer
- Jason Hinojosa, Honorary Pallbearer
- Eddie Morales, Honorary Pallbearer
- Visitation Tuesday, May 22, 2018
- Rosary Tuesday, May 22, 2018
- Funeral Mass Wednesday, May 23, 2018
- Interment Wednesday, May 23, 2018
Bernardina Medina Acosta
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
receive updates when new memories are postedRECEIVE UPDATES
Maryann Hinojosa Chavez
May 21, 2018