Lola M. McQueen
April 16, 1924 – August 27, 2018
Lola May McQueen, age 94, went to be with her Lord on August 27, 2018 following a long battle with Parkinson's Disease.
Lola was born April 16, 1924 in Holyoke Massachusetts to the late Sidney H. Mew and Jessie Forsythe Mew. An immigrant to the US, Lola's father was born in Maidstone, England.
Lola was a long-time employee with the Florida Department of Law Enforcement as a secretary. She was a loyal member of East Hill Baptist Church in Tallahassee where she and her husband ministered to others through the Home-Bound Program. In her later years she relocated to Georgia and was a member of First Baptist Church, Fort Valley, Georgia where her son is pastor.
Lola was married to the late, Clarence H. McQueen and is survived by her sons, Douglas Earl McQueen and wife Sharon of Tallahassee, FL, Edward Dale McQueen, and wife Elizabeth from Byron, Ga, along with six grandchildren, Jason McQueen of Tallahassee, FL, Jessica McQueen of Dallas, TX, Jennifer Reel and husband Ben of Maryville, TN, Julia McQueen of Tallahassee, FL, James McQueen and wife Kristi of Tallahassee and Katie McQueen of Port Orange Florida. She is also survived by two great grandchildren, Joanne and Jordon and one niece Darlene Hendry living In Minnesota.
Funeral services will be held at Culley's MeadowWood on Timberlane Road in Tallahassee on Friday, August 31, 2018 at 11:00 A.M. The family will receive visitors beginning at 10 A.M.
- Clarence H. McQueen, Husband
- Douglas Earl McQueen, Son
- Sharon McQueen, Daughter-in-law
- Edward Dale McQueen, Son
- Elizabeth McQueen, Daughter-in-law
- Jason McQueen, Grandson
- Jessica McQueen, Granddaughter
- Jennifer Reel, Granddaughter
- Ben Reel, Grandson-in-law
- Julia McQueen, Granddaughter
- James McQueen, Grandson
- Kristi McQueen, Granddaughter-in-law
- Katie McQueen, Granddaughter
- Sidney H. Mew, Father
- Jessie Forsythe Mew, Mother
- Visitation Friday, August 31, 2018
- Funeral Service Friday, August 31, 2018
- Interment Friday, August 31, 2018
Lola M. McQueen
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
receive updates when new memories are postedRECEIVE UPDATES