October 15, 1926 – July 2, 2019
Jesus Alfonso passed away peacefully in his home on July 2, 2019 of natural causes at the age of 92.
He was born in Marti, Cuba on October 15, 1926 and at a young age left home to work on a Hacienda in Camaguey, Cuba. In 1968 he immigrated to the United States and settled in Tampa, Fla. Continuing his love for the outdoors, he found work in the sod fields and he remained working there until the age of 79.
He is survived by his wife, Maria Alfonso; four children, Tony Alfonso, Noemi Alfonso, Juan Alfonso, Yolanda Svatik; grandsons, William Knox, Nicholas Alfonso, Joseph Burruezo, Juan "JJ" Alfonso Jr., Thomas Svatik, Matthew Svatik; granddaughters, Alexis Alfonso, Lia Alfonso; great-granddaughter, Mackenna Knox. A funeral service will be held 11 a.m. Monday, July 15, 2019 at Blount & Curry Funeral Home at Garden of Memories, interment to follow in Garden of Memories Cemetery. The family will receive friends Monday at the funeral home from 10 a.m. until service time.
- Antolin Alfonso, Father
- Norberta Hernandez Alfonso, Mother
- Maria Jimenez Alfonso, Wife
- Tony Alfonso, Son
- Noemi Alfonso, Daughter
- Juan Alfonso, Son
- Yolanda Svatik, Daughter
- William Knox, Grandson
- Nicholas Alfonso, Grandson
- Joseph Burruezo, Grandson
- Juan "JJ" Alfonso Jr., Grandson
- Thomas Svatik, Grandson
- Matthew Svatik, Grandson
- Alexis Alfonso, Granddaughter
- Lia Alfonso, Granddaughter
- Mackenna Knox, Great Granddaughter
- Visitation Monday, July 15, 2019
- Funeral Service Monday, July 15, 2019
- Interment Monday, July 15, 2019