Joy I Helton
January 5, 1932 – February 8, 2020
Mrs. Joy Helton age 88 of Tazewell, TN was born January 5, 1932 and passed away February 8, 2020 at her daughters home. She was saved at an early age at Providence Baptist Church, later joined Pleasant Valley Missionary Baptist Church, where she remained a member until death. She was a great Mother and house wife. She enjoyed flowers and gardening. Joy was a very skilled quilter, and a hard worker. She was preceded in death by her husband Walter Helton; Son, Randy Helton; brothers, Rufus, George, Hugh, Ernest & Claude Johnson; sisters, Birdie Vaughn, Julia Wolfe, Jessie Wolfe, Ida Johnson, Bessie Bowlin, Esther Scearce. She is survived by her daughter, Lois Parvin and husband Franklin Parvin of Russellville, TN; daughter, Jewell Helton of Kennebunkport, Maine; Son, Ellis and wife Judy Helton of Morristown, TN; 5 grandchildren; 9 great grandchildren; 2 great great grandchildren and several nieces, nephews and a host of relatives and friends. The family will receive friends from 6:00 until 8:00 P.M. Tuesday February 11, 2020 at Coffey Funeral Home in Tazewell. Funeral service will be 11:00 A.M. Wednesday February 12, 2020 at Pleasant Valley Church. Graveside service will be in the Cook-Pleasant Valley Cemetery. Ministers: Rev. Tony Seal, Rev. Lyndall Welch and Rev. Steve Johnson; Singers: The Welch Family; Pallbearers: Jamie Stanifer, Jimmy Dean Lawson, Riley Joe McCoy, Steve Lawson, Travis Lawson, Mike Antrican; Honorary Pallbearers: Earl Bowlin, D.J. Wolfe, Wayne Manning, Dale Allen Moles & Gary Welch. Coffey Funeral Home in charge.
- LOIS PARVIN & HUSBAND FRANKLIN, DAUGHTER
- JEWELL HELTON, DAUGHTER
- ELLIS & WIFE JUDY HELTON, SON
- FIVE, GRANDCHILDREN
- NINE, GREAT GRANDCHILDREN
- TWO, GREAT GREAT GRANDCHILDREN
- WALTER HELTON, HUSBAND (deceased)
- RANDY HELTON, SON (deceased)
- RUFUS, GEORGE, HUGH, ERNEST & CLAUDE JOHNSON, BROTHERS (deceased)
- BIRDIE VAUGHN, SISTER (deceased)
- JULIA WOLFE, SISTER (deceased)
- JESSIE WOLFE, SISTER (deceased)
- IDA JOHNSON, SISTER (deceased)
- BESSIE BOWLIN, SISTER (deceased)
- ESTHER SCEARCE, SISTER (deceased)
- SEVERAL NIECES, NEPHEWS AND A HOST OF RELATIVES AND FRIENDS.
- JAMIE STANIFER, Active Pallbearer
- JIMMY DEAN LAWSON, Active Pallbearer
- RILEY JOE McCOY, Active Pallbearer
- STEVE LAWSON, Active Pallbearer
- TRAVIS LAWSON, Active Pallbearer
- MIKE ANTRICAN, Active Pallbearer
- EARL BOWLIN, Honorary Pallbearer
- D.J. WOLFE, Honorary Pallbearer
- WAYNE MANNING, Honorary Pallbearer
- DALE ALLEN MOLES, Honorary Pallbearer
- GARY WELCH, Honorary Pallbearer
- FUNERAL SERVICE Wednesday, February 12, 2020
Joy I Helton
February 12, 2020
Lois, Jewell and Ellis so sorry for the loss of your Mother, may God comfort you.
February 10, 2020
Lois, so sorry for the loss of your mom! Prayers for strength in the days ahead.
February 10, 2020
I alway enjoyed visiting Joy. She was a very faithful member when I was pastor at Plesant Valley. I am sorry for your loss. You all will be in our prayers.
Rev. Larry K. Wolfe