Evelyn Amanda Pyburn
January 18, 1932 – May 11, 2019
Evelyn Amanda Pyburn, 87 of Temple, Texas left her earthly home and entered her heavenly home on May 11, 2019. She loved her children, grandsons and great-grandchildren. She was born in The Grove, Texas to Willie and Frieda (Schkade) Symm on January 18, 1932. She was a member of St. Paul Lutheran Church, The Grove, until she married and moved to Temple. She then joined Immanuel Lutheran Church. She married Jesse Pyburn on October 14, 1951. They were blessed with two children, John Wayne Pyburn and Connie Marie Pyburn (Lancaster). She was a homemaker, seamstress and childcare provider for many years before joining the staff of Troy ISD. She was employed in the lunchroom and retired after 22 years of service. She was preceded in her death by her parents, her brother and her soulmate, Jesse.
She is survived by John Wayne Pyburn (Frieda) of Temple, Connie Lancaster (Dennis) of Leland, Mississippi; grandsons, Doug Lancaster (Summer) of St. Joseph, Missouri, Daryl Lancaster (Charline) of Naponee, Nebraska; great-grandchildren, Skylee, Andralyn, Jesse, Ava Joy, Braelynn and Emmersyn; her sister, Darlene Tate (Roy) of Hewitt and many nieces and nephews.
A visitation for Evelyn will be held Friday, May 17, 2019 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM at Crawford-Bowers Funeral Home, Temple, Texas. Funeral services will be held on Saturday, May 18, 2019 at 10:30 AM, at Crawford-Bowers Funeral Home, Temple, Texas. Burial will follow at Rogers Cemetery, Rogers, Texas.
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.crawfordbowerstemple.com for the Pyburn family.
- John Wayne Pyburn and wife Frieda, Son
- Connie Lancaster and husband Dennis, Daughter
- Doug Lancaster and wife Summer, Grandson
- Daryl Lancaster and wife Charline, Grandson
- Great-grandchildren, Skylee, Andralyn, Jesse, Ava Joy, Braelynn and Emmersyn; her sister, Darlene Tate (Roy) of Hewitt and many nieces and nephews.
Immanuel Lutheran Church Youth Foundation
2109 W. Ave H, Temple, Texas
- Visitation Friday, May 17, 2019
- Funeral Service Saturday, May 18, 2019
- Burial Saturday, May 18, 2019