Billy Joe Fox
June 6, 1925 – February 23, 2019
Billy Joe Fox, 93, of Texarkana, TX. passed away on February 23, 2019 at a local hospital. He was born June 6, 1925 in Texarkana, TX. He retired in 1985 after many years service as Fire Chief of the Texarkana Texas Fire Dept. Member of the International Fire Chiefs Association and past member of Pleasant Grove Christian Church and Rose Hill Christian Church. Served in Iwo Jima with the United States Marines during World War II.
Preceded in death by his wives, Peggy Lucas Fox and Ernestine Fox and one son Terry Fox.
Survived by one daughter and son-in-law Karen and Jimmy Reed of Texarkana, TX; one granddaughter Jaime Higdon of Texarkana, AR; one grandson Jim Reed of Shreveport, LA; one great-grandson and wife Hunter and Lacey Green of Texarkana, AR; one great-granddaughter Maycee Higdon of Texarkana, AR; one special step-son and his wife Willie and Sandra Whitt of Texarkana, AR; former daughter-in-law and husband Anita and Bill Pickard of Texarkana, TX;
Funeral service will be 10 A.M. Wednesday, February 27, 2019 at East Funeral Home-Moores Lane followed by a military honors graveside at Hillcrest Memorial Park.
Family will receive friends Tuesday from 5 to 7 P.M. February 26, 2019 at East Funeral Home-Moores Lane.
Condolences may be left at www.eastfuneralhomes.com
- Peggy Lucas Fox, Wife-deceased
- Earnestine Fox, Wife-deceased
- Terry Fox, Son-deceased
- Karen and Jimmy Reed, Daughter and son-in-law
- Jaime Higdon, Granddaughter
- Jim Reed, Grandson
- Hunter and Lacey Green, Great grandson and wife
- Maycee Hidgon, Great Granddaughter
- Willie and Sandra Whitt, Special step-son and wife
- Anita and Bill Pickard, Former daughter-in-law and husband
- Texarkana Texas Fire Dept, Active Pallbearers
- Family to receive friends Tuesday, February 26, 2019
- Funeral Service Wednesday, February 27, 2019
Billy Joe Fox
March 2, 2019
Dear Karen and Jim and Family-
Wayne and I were saddened to see that Mr. Fox passed away this week. We will be praying for your family. He was a good neighbor. Lauren, Wayne, Thomas, and Lydia Kizziar