Jack Wakin Sr.
February 29, 1928 – March 3, 2018
Jack Wakin, Sr. 90 of Wake Village Texas passed away on Saturday, March 3, 2018 at a local nursing home. He was born on February 29, 1928 in Texarkana, TX. Mr. Wakin was a member of St Edwards Catholic Church. He was a past District Governor and a Texas Hall of Fame member of the Lions Club. He retired from the U.S. Air Force as a Senior Master Sergeant. He was a disabled Veteran serving in WWII and Korea.
He is preceded in death by his first wife Betty Wakin, granddaughter, Wendy Wakin and brother, Eddy Wakin.
Survivors include his wife Pauline O'Keefe Wakin of Farmersville, LA; three sons and daughters-in-law, John and Jan Wakin of Edgewater, FL, Jack, Jr. and Penny Wakin of Sherman, TX and James and Martha Wakin of Cape Girardeau, MO; daughter and son-in-law, Jo'Ann and Donald Harmon of Texarkana, TX; brother Tony G. Wakin, Jr. of Texarkana, TX; 8 grandchildren, Chris Wakin of London, England, Didi and Bud Smith of Wapanuka, OK, April and Rusty McCright of Texarkana, TX, Adrian Andrews of Prescott, AZ, Ashley Wakin of O'Fallon, MO, Dylan Wakin of Texarkana, TX, Jaci Wakin of Cape Girardeau, MO and Coty Downey of Sherman, TX and 8 great-grand children: Trey, Jacob, Gavin, Maci, David, Mark, Harrison, and Spencer
A Memorial Mass will be 2pm Friday, March 9, 2018 at St Edwards Catholic Church under the direction of East Funeral Home-Moores Lane with Father James West officiating. Cremation arrangements are under the direction of East Funeral Home-Moores Lane.
Memorials in the name of Jack Wakin can be made to the Texas Lions Camp, P.O. Box 290247, Kerrville, TX 78029.
Online tributes can be posted at www.eastfunerals.com or East Funeral Home facebook page.
- Pauline O'Keefe Wakin, Wife
- John and Jan Wakin, Son and daughter-in-law
- Jack Jr. and Penny Wakin, Son and daughter-in-law
- James and Martha Wakin, Son and daughter-in-law
- Jo'Ann and Donald Harmon, Daughter and son-in-law
- Tony G. Wakin Jr., Brother
- Chris Wakin, Didi & Bud Smith, April & Rusty McCright, Adrian Andrews,Ashely Wakin, Dylan Wakin, Jaci Wakin and Coty Downey, Grandchildren
- Trey, Jacob, Gavin, Maci, David, Mark, Harrison and Spencer, Great-grandchildren
- Memorial Mass Friday, March 9, 2018
Jack Wakin Sr.
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
March 10, 2018
How Jack & Betty ended up in Wake Village all those years ago, I don't know. I'm just glad they did. A fine man, a great Lion, a great American. A servant to God, country, and community. A life lived well. Thanks, Jack.