Mark A. Parker Jr.
October 29, 1932 – November 28, 2018
Mark A. Parker, Jr., 86, of Texarkana, TX passed away November 28, 2018 in a local hospice facility. Mr. Parker was born October 29, 1932 in Redwater, TX. He retired from GTE after 30 years; was a member of First Baptist Church - Moores Lane; member of the PGISD School Board from 1970 to 1980; U. S. Air Force veteran; and a former realtor.
He was preceded in death by his wife, Mary Dell Parker.
Survivors include his daughter and son-in-law, Cathy and Hendrik Klopper; son and daughter-in-law, Mark Steven and Kandie Parker; daughter and son-in-law, Lori and Jim Mishler; sister-in-law, Gatha Parker; grandchildren, Simeon Klopper, Hannah Klopper, John Michael Reese, Parker Srygley, Maryanna Srygley, Shay Bagley, Adam Parker and Ben Parker; 6 great grandchildren; best friend, George White; and many other relatives and nieces and nephews.
Service will be 9 a.m., Saturday, December 1, 2018 at East Memorial Chapel - Moores Lane with Hendrik Klopper officiating. Burial will be in Northwood Cemetery under the direction of East Funeral Home - Moores Lane.
Family will receive friends from 5 to 7 p.m., Friday, November 30, 2018 at the funeral home.
Online tributes may be made at www.eastfuneralhomes.com.
- Cathy and Hendrik Klopper, Daughter and Son-in-Law
- Mark Steven and Kandie Parker, Son and Daughter-in-Law
- Lori and Jim Mishler, Daughter and Son-in-Law
- Gatha Parker, Sister-in--Law
- Also left to cherish his memory are his grandchildren; Simeon Klopper, Hannah Klopper, John Michael Reese, Parker Srygley, Maryanna Srygley, Shay Bagley, Adam Parker and Ben Parker and 6 great grandchildren and his best friend George White.
- Family to receive friends Friday, November 30, 2018
- Funeral Service Saturday, December 1, 2018
Mark A. Parker Jr.
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
Winford & Annette Dunn, Jr.
November 30, 2018
Our Deepest Sympathy on the loss of your loved one at this time. Our prayers are with your family. May God give you peace and comfort for the days ahead.