Thelma Florene Brooks
April 13, 1929 – February 27, 2019
Thelma Florene Brooks, age 89, of Texarkana, TX died Wednesday, February 27, 2019 at a local hospital. Mrs. Brooks was born April 13, 1929 in Vivian, LA. She was a homemaker and a longtime member of Shiloh Baptist Church where she taught and worked in all areas of service. She was still teaching Goods News Sunday School Class. She was a Bible Study Fellowship leader for many years, where she touched and ministered to many ladies of all walks of life.
Survivors include her husband, S. M. Brooks of Texarkana, TX; four daughters and sons-in-law, Peggy and Leslie Jaynes, Bill and Sherry Whitlock, Billy Bruce and Brenda Rehkopf, of Texarkana, TX, and Lewis and Toni Wright of Pittsburgh, TX; three sons and daughters-in-law, Terry and Kay Brooks, Ricky and Teresa Brooks of Texarkana, TX, and Jimmy and Liz Brooks of Texarkana, TX; one son, George Brooks of Nash, TX; one son-in-law, Jason Starling of Fouke, AR; and numerous grandchildren, great grandchildren and great great grandchildren.
Mrs. Brooks was preceded in death by her parents, J. D. and Georgia Adcock; a daughter Suzanne Starling; and two brothers, Ted Adcock and Larry Adcock.
Services will be at 9:30 a.m., Saturday, March 2, 2019 at Shiloh Baptist Church with the Rev. Wallace Edgar and Rev. Wes Dean officiating. Burial will be in Memorial Gardens Cemetery.
The family will receive visitors from 6 to 8 p.m., Friday, March 1, 2019 at East Funeral Home - Moores Lane.
Online tributes may be made at www.eastfuneralhomes.com.
- S. M. Brooks, Husband
- Peggy and Leslie Jaynes, Daughter and Son-in-Law
- Sherry and Bill Whitlock, Daughter and Son-in-Law
- Brenda Rehkopf and Billy Bruce, Daughter and Son-in-Law
- Toni and Lewis Wright, Daughter and Son-in-Law
- Terry and Kay Brooks, Son and Daughter-in-Law
- Ricky and Teresa Brooks, Son and Daughter-in-Law
- Jimmy and Liz Brooks, Son and Daughter-in-Law
- George Brooks, Son
- Jason Starling, Son-in-Law
- Mrs. Brooks also leaves to cherish her memory numerous grandchildren, great grandchildren and great great grandchildren.
- Family to receive friends Friday, March 1, 2019
- Funeral Service Saturday, March 2, 2019