Mr. Esaw Johnson
July 29, 1934 – June 13, 2019
Esaw Johnson, 84, passed away peacefully Thursday, June 13, 2019 at Wesley Long Hospital.
Esaw was born in Clarendon County, SC on July 29, 1934 a son to the late Truluck Johnson and Rosa Billy Johnson. Esaw was married to his beloved wife Irene Johnson who preceded him in death on February 24, 2005. He worked as a furniture assembler and was a member Central United Methodist Church and the Men’s Board at the church. He played football and baseball as a youth and the love for baseball made him a true Yankee’s fan. He loved to cook and sing as he was preparing meals for the family. He will be truly missed by all. In addition to his parents he was preceded in death by his brother, James Leslie West.
Surviving are daughters, Sandra Johnson Weathers of Greensboro, Tina Johnson of Thomasville, Sharon Johnson Blake and husband Roy of Winston-Salem; sons, Timothy Esaw Johnson and wife Christie of High Point, Ronald Edward Johnson and wife Latisha of Winston-Salem; sister, Hazel Chestnut and husband James of Thomasville; brother James Allen West and wife Sara of Manning, SC; 7 grandchildren and 4 great grandchildren. Also, cousins, nephews, nieces, and sister-in-laws.
Funeral Services will be held 1:00 PM Wednesday at Central United Methodist Church. Interment will follow in Holly Hill Memorial Park. The visitation will be from 12-1 pm prior to the service at the church.
Thomasville Funeral Home is honored to serve the Johnson family. Online condolences may be offered at www.thomasvillefh.com
- Truluck Johnson, Father
- Rosa Billy Johnson, Mother
- Irene Johnson, Wife
- James Leslie West, Brother
- Tina Johnson, Daughter
- Sharon (Roy) Johnson Blake, Daughter
- Sandra Johnson Weathers, Daughter
- Timothy (Christie) Esaw Johnson, Son
- Ronald (Latisha) Edward Johnson, Son
- Hazel (James) Chestnut, Sister
- James (Sara) Allen West, Brother
- Mr. Johnson also leaves behind seven grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.
- Jason Farabee
- Jamar Weathers
- Forrest Johnson
- Gregory Chestnut
- Timothy Johnson
- Dante Holtzclaw
- Josie Marshall, Flowergirl
- Gayle Thomas, Flowergirl
- Mary Knox, Flowergirl
- Visitation Wednesday, June 19, 2019
- Funeral Service Wednesday, June 19, 2019