April 13, 1938 – April 5, 2019
Thomasville- Lois Jean Hayes Blake, 80, passed away on Friday, April 5, 2019 at her home surrounded by her family.
She was born on April 13, 1938 in Yadkin County to Floyd and Vada Hayes. Jean was a wonderful wife, and the best mother and loved her grandchildren and great-grandchildren. She was very selfless, always known for taking care of others before taking care of herself.
Jean was preceded in death by her parents; brothers Fred Hayes, Roy Hayes and Billy Hayes; and sister, Mozelle Hayes Huff.
She is survived by her husband of 60 years, David Blake; daughter Patty Blake Younts (Timmy); sons David Blake Jr. (Kathy) and Bradley Blake; grandchildren Pamela Younts Douglas (Mike), Scott Younts (Sarah), Ryan Younts, Evan Blake, Connor Blake and Stephanie Blake; six great-grandchildren; brothers Bruce Hayes (Betty) and Hugh Hayes (Sara); and sisters Alice Hayes Seaford and Marie Hayes Gallimore (Jerry); sister-in-law June Hayes and daughter Tammy Jordan.
The family will receive friends from 12:30 pm until 1:45 pm on Wednesday, April 10, 2019 at Thomasville Funeral Home at 18 Randolph St. Thomasville, NC 27360. A graveside service will be held at 2:00 pm Wednesday, April 10, 2019 at Holly Hill Memorial Park Cemetery 401 W. Holly Hill Rd. Thomasville, NC 27360.
Thomasville Funeral home is honored to serve the Blake family. Online condolences may be made at ThomasvilleFH.com
- Floyd Hayes, Father
- Vada Hayes, Mother
- Mozelle Hayes Huff, Sister
- Fred Hayes, Brother
- Roy Hayes, Brother
- Billy Hayes, Brother
- David Blake, Husband
- Patty (Timmy) Younts, Daughter
- David (Kathy) Blake, Jr., Son
- Bradley Blake, Son
- Pamela (Mike) Douglas, Granddaughter
- Stephanie Blake, Granddaughter
- Scott (Sarah) Younts, Grandson
- Ryan Younts, Grandson
- Evan Blake, Grandson
- Connor Blake, Grandson
- Alice Seaford, Sister
- Marie (Jerry) Gallimore, Sister
- Bruce (Betty) Hayes, Brother
- Hugh (Sara) Hayes, Brother
- June Hayes, Sister-in-law
- Tammy Jordan, Niece
- Mrs. Blake also leaves behind 6 great-grandchildren.
- Visitation Wednesday, April 10, 2019
- Graveside Service Wednesday, April 10, 2019