Joan B. Johnson
November 20, 1928 – October 3, 2019
Joan Bowers Johnson, 90, of Thomasville, went to be with her Lord and Savior on Thursday, October 3, 2019 at Westchester Manor in High Point.
A resident of this area all of her life, Mrs. Johnson was born on November 20, 1928 in Randolph County, a daughter to the late John Bowers and Lola Frazier Bowers.
She was a true servant of his Lord and Savior and had been a dedicated member of Gospel Baptist Church in Archdale dating back to October 1971, she served as their pianist for forty one years.
In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her husband Carlis Roosevelt Johnson; and by brother Mitchell Lee Bowers.
Surviving are her daughter, Katherine Stevenson and husband Roger of Thomasville; son, Terry Johnson and wife Clarice of Greensboro; two grandchildren, Aaron Johnson and Rachel Davis and husband Neiman; and brother, John A. Bowers and wife Lavon.
Memorial contributions may be directed to Gospel Baptist Church, 9042 US Hwy 311, Archdale, NC 27263.
The funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Tuesday, October 8, at Gospel Baptist Church in Archdale with Pastor Stephen Hill officiating. Burial will follow in the Prospect United Methodist Church Cemetery. The family will receive friends from 6 until 8 pm Monday, October 7, 2019 at Thomasville Funeral Home.
Online condolences may be made at www.ThomasvilleFH.com. Thomasville Funeral Home is assisting the family.
- John Bowers, Father (deceased)
- Lola Bowers, Mother (deceased)
- Carlis Roosevelt Johnson, Husband (deceased)
- Mitchell Lee Bowers, Brother (deceased)
- John A Bowers, Brother
- Lavon Bowers, Sister-in-law
- Katherine Stevenson, Daughter
- Roger Stevenson, Son-in-law
- Terry Johnson, Son
- Clarice Johnson, Daughter-in-law
- Aaron Johnson, Grandchild
- Rachel Davis, Grandchild
- Neiman Davis, Grandchild-in-law
- Visitation Monday, October 7, 2019
- Funeral Service Tuesday, October 8, 2019
- Interment Tuesday, October 8, 2019