Nellie Ruth Ramsey Carroll
June 25, 1936 – October 16, 2019
Lexington- Nellie Ruth Ramsey Carroll, passed away on Wednesday, October 16, 2019 at Accordius in Lexington.
Nellie was born on June 25, 1936 in South Carolina to the late Sarah and William Ramsey.
Also preceding Nellie in death are her husband, Frank Paul Carroll; daughters, Ruth Diane Meierhotlz and Sarah A. Meierhotlz Carroll; son Paul T. Meierhotlz; and sisters, Louise Redford and Stela Mae Ellis.
Nellie is survived by her grandson, Robert Paul Demery Sr. and his fiancé Tealisa Elliott and great-grandson Robert Paul Demery Jr. and brother J.B. Newell.
She was an outstanding member of Landmark United Pentecostal Church with over forty years of service to the church. Nellie was also the most senior member of the church congregation. She worked and retired from Southern Lunch.
A funeral service will be held at 1:00 PM Saturday, October 19, 2019 at Landmark United Pentecostal Church in Lexington with Pastor Kenny Mashburn officiating. Interment will follow at Forest Hill Memorial Park Cemetery in Lexington. The family will receive friends from 6 to 8 PM on Friday, October 18, 2019 at Thomasville Funeral Home in Thomasville.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be directed to Landmark United Pentecostal Church, 208 Landmark Place, Lexington, NC 27292.
Thomasville funeral home is honored to serve the Carroll family. Online condolences may be made at thomasvillefh.com
- William Ramsey, Father (deceased)
- Sarah Ramsey, Mother (deceased)
- Frank Paul Carroll, Husband (deceased)
- Ruth D. Meierhotlz, Daughter (deceased)
- Sarah M. Carroll, Daughter (deceased)
- Paul T. Meierhotlz, Son (deceased)
- Louise Redford, Sister (deceased)
- Stela Mae Ellis, Sister (deceased)
- Robert (Tealisa Elliott-fiance) Demery Sr., Grandson
- Robert Paul Demery Jr., Great Grandson
- J.B. Newell, Brother
- Teddy Billings
- Darrell McHone
- Rick Causey
- Chris Burkehart
- Brian McHone
- Robert Mills
- Landmark United Pentecostal Church
- Visitation Friday, October 18, 2019
- Funeral Service Saturday, October 19, 2019
- Burial Saturday, October 19, 2019