Ruth Ann Hill
April 14, 1934 – December 13, 2020
Thomasville – Ruth Ann Floyd Hill, 86, passed away on Sunday, December 13, 2020. She was born on April 14, 1934 in Lexington, NC to the late Sallie Floyd.
Ruth was the President of the Legal Secretaries of NC, President of UMW of Lexington District; a member of West End United Methodist Church where she sang in the choir and taught Sunday School. She loved gardening and going to Oak Island, NC.
Ruth is preceded in death by her parents; husband of 63 years, Raymond Jackson Hill Sr.; and sister, Darlene Thompson; and brother, Odell Floyd.
Ruth is survived by her sons, Raymond Hill and David Hill and wife Sharon; daughter, Cindy Hill; brothers, Curtis Putnam and wife Linda and Eddie Putnam; sister in law, Maxine Floyd; brother in law, Clyde Thompson; grandchildren, Jennifer Watford and husband Matt Watford, Tiffany Burrow and husband Jeffery Burrow, and Whitney Hill; great grandchildren, Kegan Watford, Madisyn Burrow, Cam Watford and Jaxton Burrow; Ruth is also survived by many nieces and nephews as well as her beloved fur baby, Trey.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made in Ruth’s name to West End UMC, PO Box 593, Thomasville, NC 27361 or to Hospice of Davidson County.
A lie in state for Ruth will take place on Thursday, December 17, 2020 from 2:00pm to 4:00pm at Thomasville Funeral Home. A graveside service will be held on Friday, December 18, 2020 at 11:00am at Holly Hill Memorial Park; Dr. Earl Crow officiating.
Online condolences for the Hill family may be made at www.thomasvillefh.com
- Sallie Floyd, Mother (deceased)
- Raymond Jackson Hill Sr., Husband (deceased)
- Cindy Hill, Daughter
- Raymond Hill, Son
- David Hill & wife Sharon, Son
- Darlene Thompson, Sister (deceased)
- Odell Floyd, Brother (deceased)
- Curtis Putnam & wife Linda, Brother
- Eddie Putnam, Brother
- Maxine Floyd, Sister-in-law
- Clyde Thompson, Brother-in-law
- Jennifer Watford & husband Matt, Granddaughter
- Tiffany Burrow & husband Jeffery, Granddaughter
- Whitney Hill, Granddaughter
- Kegan Watford, Great Grandchild
- Madisyn Burrow, Great Grandchild
- Cam Watford, Great Grandchild
- Jaxton Burrow, Great Grandchild
- Mrs. Hill is also survived by many nieces & nephews as well as her beloved fur baby, Trey.
West End UMC
PO Box 593, Thomasville, North Carolina 27361
- Hospice of Davidson County
Lie in State
Thursday, December 17, 2020
Friday, December 18, 2020
Ruth Ann Hill
December 16, 2020
SORY TO HEAR ABOUT MAMA PASSING.I REALLY LOOKED FORWARD TO SUNDAY MORNINGS EATING WITH HER AND YOU GUYS.I KNOW SHE WILL BE MISSED.SEE YOU GUYS SOON I HOPE.YOU ARE IN OUR PRAYERS
December 15, 2020
I'm very sorry for your loss. You all will be in my prayers.