William "Bill" Jackson Hines II
November 11, 1943 – December 27, 2018
William Jackson Hines II was born on November 11th, 1943 in the same Griffin, GA hospital and by the same doctor as his mother Evelyn Ousley. Bill, as he was known by friends and family, served in the Air Force and was stationed at Fortuna, ND. Following his service, Bill worked for many years at Stansell’s Oxygen Service. In 1986 Bill started Georgia Medical Gases, where he worked alongside many friends and family members through the years, including his wife Dawn and his daughter Christa.
Bill loved the stage, and showed this love in many ways, including performing in many productions at Tucker First United Methodist Church. He was also a founding member of Main Street Theater in Tucker, where he won an award for one of his character performances.
Bill’s love of art and music didn’t stop at the stage, but rather was constant in his life. He wrote a rock opera titled River in Africa, a novel titled Rock Party, was a talented musician, and recently became the owner of a banjolele.
Not just an artist, Bill also took pleasure in nurturing people and other living things. He loved to plant Caladiums, an interest he shared with his Master Gardener wife, Dawn. He was active in the Stephen Ministries, and dedicated large amounts of time to helping countless people who suffered from addiction find their way to recovery.
He was known for his enchiladas, his banana pudding, and his love of Georgia State and Georgia Tech athletics. He collected turtles, probably because they are slow and deliberate just like he was.
Most of all, Bill loved his family, friends, and gathering them all together in one place to share food, laughter, and love.
He is survived by his wife Dawn, his children Karen, Christa, Catherine, and Charles, grandchildren Jessica, Josh, Ashleigh, Ryan, Hannah, Mary Margaret, Griffin, Mackenna, and Tenaya, and great-grandchildren Jackson, Tomas, Hudson, Tessa, Savannah, Violet, Teri Jo and Jude. He was proceeded on death by his daughter Collette.
He will be greatly missed.
- Dawn Lambert Hines, Wife
- Karen (Glen) Gordon, Daughter
- Christa (Jeff) Forrester, Daughter
- Charles Sims, Son
- Collette Stubel (deceased), Daughter
- Catherine Empey, Daughter
- Elizabeth Gross, Sister
- Jessica McNamara, Grandchild
- Josh Ice, Grandchild
- Ashleigh Mallard, Grandchild
- Ryan Sims, Grandchild
- Hannah Stubel, Grandchild
- Griffin Stubel, Grandchild
- Mary Margaret Sims, Grandchild
- Mackenna Empey, Grandchild
- Tenaya Empey, Grandchild
- Jackson McNamara, Great Grandchild
- Tomas Mallard, Great Grandchild
- Hudson Mallard, Great Grandchild
- Tessa Ice, Great Grandchild
- Violet McNamara, Great Grandchild
- Savannah Ice, Great Grandchild
- Teri Jo Mallard, Great Grandchild
- Jude Stubel, Great Grandchild
- Celebration of Life Sunday, December 30, 2018
- Visitation Sunday, December 30, 2018
William "Bill" Jackson Hines II
December 30, 2018
Bill was such a kind person and will be missed. I always enjoyed conversations with Bill. He had a great perspective on life and treated others with dignity and respect. Bill leaves positive, visible footprints of a life well lived.