Dorene Ann Naccarato
March 18, 1937 – September 1, 2019
Nurturing, Funny, Understanding, Motherly, Calming, and Peaceful
Dorene Ann Naccarato, 82, of Olympia, passed away on September 1, 2019 at Providence St. Peter Hospital. She was born in Glasgow, Montana to Wilfred and Norma LaFond. Dorene was one of ten children. The family moved to the Olympia area where Dorene attended and graduated from Olympia High School in 1956. Dorene met and married the love of her life, Patrick Naccarato, on May 5th 1956 at St. Michael Catholic Church. Together they lovingly raised five children; James, Beth, Ruth, Amy, plus one. Dorene is described as loving, caring, kind, tender, special and welcoming. If one of her family members loved someone she did too, her heart and arms were open. Every child in the neighborhood was welcome at their home and called her mom.
Dorene worked for JC Penny, St. Michael Parish, and Barnes Floral, but her most cherished role in life was being a wife, mother, grandmother, and great-grandmother. She was warm, caring, witty, friendly, well read and loved her children, grandchildren and great grandchildren with all her heart. Dorene was a social butterfly. She took the time to get to know everyone; Dorene not only cared enough to know people’s names but where they worked, their children, and everything about them. Going to the grocery store with her was a social event. She stopped to greet each familiar face and ask after their family – always remembering every detail.
Dorene is survived by her husband, Pat, of 63 years, five children, ten grandchildren, thirteen great-grandchildren, and eight siblings. Dorene’s family will always remember her nurturing, funny, understanding, motherly, calming, and peaceful personality.
- Patrick Naccarato, Husband
- James (Sandy) Naccarato, Son
- Beth Naccarato, Daughter
- Ruth Naccarato, Daughter
- Amy (Kevin) Rutherford, Daughter
- Keith (Sharyl Robbins) Naccarato, Grandson
- Bryant (Amber Zawadzinski) Naccarato, Grandson
- Evan (Misha) Naccarato, Grandson
- Thomas (Leah) Naccarato, Grandson
- Cristian Naccarato, Grandson
- James Miller, Grandson
- Matthew Miller, Grandson
- Melissa Allen, Granddaughter
- Kristina (Pietro) Ramsey, Granddaughter
- Danny (Clair) LaFond, Brother
- Mary (Joe) Flury, Sister
- Phil (Marion) LaFond, Brother
- Susie (Tim) Corrigan, Sister
- David (Carolyn) LaFond, Brother
- Kay (Steve) Heathers, Sister
- Nancy Sathrum, Sister
- John (Rachel) LaFond, Brother
- Dorene is survived by 5 children, 10 grandchildren, and 13 great-grandchildren; Lucas, Ariyah, Jaylen, Ari, Carsyn, Bianca, Eleanor, Sequoia, Melchiah, Aiden, and Kira.
- Alzheimer's Association
- Memorial Mass Friday, September 13, 2019