Rui M. Belo
February 19, 1931 – April 30, 2021
Rui M. Belo, age 90, of Hilmar, California entered into rest on Friday, April 30, 2021 in Hilmar, California. He was born February 19, 1931 in Calheta, São Jorge, Açores to Vital C. Belo and Maria Lourdes Morais.
Rui is survived by: his wife of 54 years, Maria Belo of Hilmar; daughter Maria Fernandez (Jo) of Turlock; daughter Lisa Belo Silveira of Merced; and daughter Lucy Belo of Hilmar; sister Maria Lourdes Sousa of Canada; grandchild Kendra Silveira; grandchild Nolin Fontes; grandchild Kayla Silveira; grandchild Dylan Bailey; grandchild Evan Bailey; grandchild Corbin Fernandez; and grandchild Naomi Fernandez.
Rui M. Belo leaves behind his sister-in-law of Gustine, California, many nieces, nephews, cousins and many friends.
He was a member of Holy Rosary Catholic Church in Hilmar, California and Our Lady of Miracles in Gustine, California.
A Visitation for Rui will be held from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM on Sunday, May 9, 2021 at Whitehurst-Norton-Dias Funeral Service, 286 W. Main Street, Turlock, California.
A Recitation of the Rosary followed by Funeral Mass will occur at 10:00 AM on Monday, May 10, 2021 at Holy Rosary Catholic Church, 20323 American Avenue, Hilmar, California. A committal service will follow at Turlock Memorial Park, 575 N. Soderquist Road, Turlock, California.
Services for Rui M. Belo are in the care of Whitehurst-Norton-Dias Funeral Service (FD 504) in Turlock, California.
- Maria Belo, Wife
- Maria Fernandez (Jo), Daughter
- Lisa Belo Silveira, Daughter
- Lucy Belo, Daughter
- Maria Sousa, Sister
- Kendra Silveira, Grandchild
- Nolin Fontes, Grandchild
- Kayla Silveira, Grandchild
- Dylan Bailey, Grandchild
- Evan Bailey, Grandchild
- Corbin Fernandez, Grandchild
- Naomi Fernandez, Grandchild
- Rui M. Belo leaves behind his sister-in-law of Gustine, California and many nieces and nephews.
- Nolin Fontes, Pallbearer
- Dylan Bailey, Pallbearer
- Joe Bello, Pallbearer
- Jo Fernandez, Pallbearer
- Tony Domingos, Pallbearer
- Manuel Lopes Jr., Pallbearer
- Kendra Silveira, Honorary Pallbearer
- Kayla Silveira, Honorary Pallbearer
- Evan Bailey, Honorary Pallbearer
- Corbin Fernandez, Honorary Pallbearer
- Naomi Fernandez, Honorary Pallbearer
11:00 am - 3:00 pm
Whitehurst-Norton-Dias Funeral Service
Recitation of the Rosary followed by Funeral Mass
Holy Rosary Catholic Church
Turlock Memorial Park
Rui M. Belo
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY