Curtis Aaron Bell Sr.
October 1, 1931 – January 23, 2019
TUSCALOOSA - Curtis Aaron Bell, Sr., age 87, of Tuscaloosa, Ala., passed away January 23, 2019 at home. Services will be held 3 p.m. Sunday, January 27, 2019, at Heritage Chapel with Robert Burns officiating. Burial will follow in Tuscaloosa Memorial Park with Heritage Chapel Funeral Home & Cremations, a Dignity Memorial Provider, directing. Visitation will be one hour prior to services at the funeral home.
He was preceded in death by his parents, Charlie Bell and Clysta Bell Park; stepfather, Marvin Park; brother, C.W. Bell; wife, Barbara D. Bell; and sons, Curtis Jr. and Robert Alan.
Survivors include his daughters, Curtisa B. Brothers (Jimmy) and Susan B. Killough; son, Michael D. Bell; 12 grandchildren, 25 great-grandchildren; and his beloved dog named, Grandmother.
Mr. Bell was a graduate of Tuscaloosa County High School. He retired from Reichhold Chemical after 33 years. He was a full-time farmer with cattle, cotton and hay fields. He enjoyed deer hunting in and out of state, which he shared with his wife of 57 years, Barbara.
Pallbearers will be Ben Bennett, Beau Bell, Gil Brown, John Ingram, Charles Bell and Phillip Kinard.
Honorary pallbearers are past employees of Reichhold Chemical and Bama Feed and West End Methodist Church.
Many thanks to Alacare Home Health/Hospice. A special thanks to the private sitters in the home.
Condolences may be offered at www.HeritageChapelTuscaloosa.com.
- Charlie Bell and Clysta Bell Park, Parents Deceased
- Marvin Park, Stepfather Deceased
- C.W. Bell, Brother Deceased
- Barbara D. Bell, Wife Deceased
- Curtis Jr. and Robert Alan, Sons Deceased
- Curtisa B. Brothers (Jimmy) and Susan B. Killough, Daughters
- Michael D. Bell, Son
- His beloved dog named Grandmother, Dog
- Ben Bennett
- Beau Bell
- Gil Brown
- John Ingram
- Charles Bell
- Phillip Kinard
- Past employees of Reichhold Chemical and Bama Feed and West End Methodist Church, Honorary
- Visitation Sunday, January 27, 2019
- Celebration of Life Sunday, January 27, 2019
- Burial Sunday, January 27, 2019