Morris "The Moose" Mewbourn
August 11, 1935 – December 1, 2019
Eelam Morris Mewbourn, age 84, of Tyler, Texas passed away on Sunday December 1, 2019. Morris was born August 11, 1935 in Martin’s Mill, Texas to Eelam Robert Mewbourn and Merlee Baskin.
Morris was a wise, proud, kind and gentle man. He loved the Lord and his family, beyond anything. Morris attended and graduated from Adamson High school (1953 Adamson High School Dallas, TX). Even though he was shy, his nickname “Mighty Moose” fit his appearance, while “The King” represented his sarcastic and humorous personality. ‘Moose’ was an avid golfer; he even got a hole-in-one. As long as it was a competitive sport, board game or crossword, he was well driven to win. ‘Moose’ married the love of his life, Betty, on January 31, 1976. He appeared in the film, “My Dog Buddy” in 1960, and loved to tease his children about their father being a movie star. ‘Moose’ was open to talk about anything; he enjoyed his evening meal surrounded by his loved ones and having wholesome conversations at the dinner table. By far, his greatest accomplishment was the love he had for his family, especially his grandbabies.
‘Moose’ is survived by his loving wife of 43 years, Betty Mewbourn; sons Eddie Clark and Steven Hall; daughters Debbie Hasting, Deidere Clark and Lanie Seigler; special daughter-in-law Sandra Clark Duke; brothers Charles Guiterrez, Gary (Tiana) Gutierrez and Edgar (Miranda) Jimenez; sisters Veronica (Jerry) Pate and Teresa Jimenez; 10 grandchildren; 18 great-grandchildren and numerous loving family members and friends.
‘Moose’ is proceded in death by his mother and stepfather Merlee and Emilio Gutierrez; father and stepmother Eelam Robert and Gertrude Mewbourn; brother Jim Gutierrez; son Louie Clark; and daughter Laurie Moore.
A visitation for Mr. Mewbourn will be held on Wednesday, December 4, 2019 from 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. at Tyler Memorial Funeral Home. The funeral service will occur Thursday, December 5, 2019 at 1:00 p.m., followed by a graveside service held at the DeRossett Family Cemetery, in Frankston, Texas.
- Betty Mewbourn, Wife
- Eddie Clark, Son
- Steven Hall, Son
- Debbie Hasting, Daughter
- Deidere Clark, Daughter
- Lanie Seigler, Daughter
- Sandra Clark Duke, Special Daughter-In-Law
- Charles Gutierrez, Brother
- Gary Gutierrez (Tiana), Brother
- Edgar Jimenez (Miranda), Brother
- Veronica Pate (Jerry), Sister
- Teresa Jimenez, Sister
- Merlee Gutierrez (Emilio Gutierrez), Mother (deceased)
- Eelam Robert Mewbourn (Gertrude Mewbourn), Father (deceased)
- Louie Clark, Son (deceased)
- Laurie Moore, Daughter (deceased)
- Jim Gutierrez, Brother (deceased)
- Moose also leaves behind to cherish his memory; 10 grandchildren, 18 great grandchildren and numerous other loving family members and friends.
- Lee Clark, Active Pallbearer
- Matthew Hasting, Active Pallbearer
- Dalton Hasting, Active Pallbearer
- James Hollowell, Active Pallbearer
- Tyler Pegg, Active Pallbearer
- Michael Seigler, Active Pallbearer
- Colton Austin, Honorary Pallbearer
- Ryan Austin, Honorary Pallbearer
- Trey Clark, Honorary Pallbearer
- Hunter Haines, Honorary Pallbearer
- William Seigler, Honorary Pallbearer
- Visitation Wednesday, December 4, 2019
- Funeral Service Thursday, December 5, 2019
- Graveside Service Thursday, December 5, 2019
Morris "The Moose" Mewbourn
Lance Douglas Gutierrez
December 3, 2019
I'm so sorry for this loss, but I know where Uncle Moose is today and for that I am so thankful. I was recently listening to the recording of him singing "He Looked Beyond My Fault and Saw My Need" which was recorded for Grandmommy's (Merlee's) birthday in the late 80s. I remember her eyes filling with tears when she heard that for the first time. Now they're having a grand reunion! It will just be a little while longer until we're all together again...for eternity. I love you, Aunt Daph & sweet cousins. My thoughts and prayers are for you all during this time. Philippians 1:3-4
December 2, 2019
“The Man, The Myth, The Legend”
We will miss you PawPaw Moose, so thankful Paislee was blessed with such an amazing great grandpa!
We love you!!!!