Allen Wayne Hantelman
August 19, 1947 – November 4, 2018
Allen Wayne Hantelman, 71, of Victoria went to be with the Lord on Sunday, November 4, 2018. He was born August 19, 1947 to Arnold and Verdelle Hantelman in Rapid City, South Dakota. He was baptized on September 14, 1947 and later confirmed on March 26, 1961 at St. Luke's Lutheran Church in Cylinder, Iowa.
Allen served in the Vietnam War from 1968 - 1969 as a medic with the 8th Army Base Hospital. He was an active member of Grace Lutheran Church.
A lifelong farmer, he is survived by the mother of his sons, Patricia Hantleman; sons, Stacey Hantelman and wife, Young, of Austin, Texas; Chad Hantelman and wife, Jennifer, of Seabeck, Washington; sister, Renee and husband, William Hassel of Victoria, Texas. He is survived by four grandchildren, Mackenzie Hantelman, Gavin Hantelman, Dylan Hantelman and Elise Hantelman. He is also survived by special friend, Margarethe Somer and his caregivers, Angel and Rosa Maria Mares and Adrian and Estella Cano.
Allen was preceded in death by his parents, his sister, Joann Bollinger and brother-in-law, Norman Bollinger.
Visitation was held at Grace Lutheran Church at 1:00 pm on Tuesday, November 6, 2018 followed by a funeral service at 2:00 pm. Final services will take place on Saturday, November 10, 2018 at St. Luke's Lutheran Church in Cylinder, Iowa. Visitation will be from 10:00 am - 12:00 pm followed by burial at Noon.
Share condolences and memories at www.rosewoodfuneralchapel.com.
- Arnold Hantelman, Father
- Verdelle Peterson Hantelman, Mother
- Stacey (Young) Hantelman, Son
- Chad (Jennifer) Hantelman, Son
- Renee (William) Hassel, Sister
- Mackenzie Hantelman, Grandchild
- Gavin Hantelman, Grandchild
- Dylan Hantelman, Grandchild
- Elise Hantelman, Grandchild
- Margarethe Somer, Special Friend
- Joann Bollinger, Sister
- Norman Bollinger, Brother-in-Law
- Allen is also lovingly remembered by his caregivers, Angel and Rosa Marie Mares and Adrian and Estella Cano.
- Visitation Tuesday, November 6, 2018
- Funeral Service Tuesday, November 6, 2018
- Visitation Saturday, November 10, 2018
Allen Wayne Hantelman
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
Dennis & Joyce Frideres
November 6, 2018
Our deepest sympathy to Allen's children, Chadd...Stacy...and Renee. He was such a sweet man, always with a smile even though he was having a bad day. Known Allen for over 50 years, always kind and loved to hear his laugh. God bless you buddy. Love and prayers.