Beatrice "Bea" R. Farquhar Thompson
September 25, 1927 – July 4, 2018
Beatrice “Bea” Schulte Farquhar Thompson went to celebrate her wonderful 90+ years of life with God, her Father on July 4th, 2018. We are pretty sure she decided to go on the 4th of July to celebrate her Anniversary and dance with her husband, Kinman Thompson, who had gone on ahead to prepare for her in 2010, because she liked things ‘just so’.
She was born on Sept. 25, 1927 to Fred Schulte and Clara Appelt Schulte, and grew up in Hallettsville along with her brother Ronnie Schulte (Iris). In all she was “Mom” to one GREAT child… and four other kids.
Back in 1950 she fell in love and married Capt. Jack Edward Farquhar and they had 3 children, Sharon Farquhar Schutz (David), Jack Brennan Farquhar (Cathy), and Patti Farquhar Schobey (Jim). In an unfortunate Air Force accident, Jack was invited to Heaven in December of 1957. The 3 kids kept her so busy it took until 1968 before she had time to meet, fall in love again, and marry Kinman “Tommy”, at which time she became “Mom” to Patty Thompson Locke (Paul) and Brock Thompson (Kathy). At that point in her life her heart was full and happy. Now, in 2018, she has also added 12 wonderful grandchildren and 21 fabulous great-grandchildren… and she felt her job here was done.
Bea was a devout Catholic, spending many years helping out at Our Lady of Victory School and Cathedral and was named “Mother of the Year” at OLV in 1964.
One of her favorite things to do, besides shopping, was to go out dancing, and she and Tommy danced the night away most weekends until he was in his mid-80s. Anyone who knew her could attest to the fact that she was always “dressed to the nine’s”… a trait she passed on to all but her youngest daughter.
Everyone who met her was an ‘instant friend’ and she will be loved and missed by so very many, forever!
Visitation for Bea will be held on Saturday, August 4, 2018 at 1 pm at Our Lady of Victory Cathedral in Victoria with a rosary being recited at 1:30 pm. A Mass of Remembrance will follow at 2:00 pm.
Memorial donations can be made in Bea’s memory to the VFW and Hospice of South Texas.
- Frederick Joseph Schulte, Father
- Clara Antionette Appelt Schulte, Mother
- Jack Edward Farquhar, Husband
- Kinman "Tommy" Thompson, Husband
- Sharon Farquhar (David) Schutz, Daughter
- Jack Brennan (Cathy) Farquhar, Son
- Patti Farquhar (Jim) Schobey, Daughter
- Patty Thompson (Paul) Locke, Stepdaughter
- Brock (Kathy) Thompson, Stepson
- Bea also leaves 12 wonderful grandchildren and 21 fabulous great-grandchildren to cherish her memory.
- Hospice of South Texas
- Visitation Saturday, August 4, 2018
- Rosary Saturday, August 4, 2018
- Mass of Remembrance Saturday, August 4, 2018