February 4, 1937 – January 30, 2020
Evelyn Williams, 82 of Victoria, passed away January 30, 2020. Evelyn was born in Victoria February 4, 1937 to the late Lillian Munsch Russell and Curtis H Hopson. Evelyn was an avid reader and loved to sew. She also worked for VCAM for many years and was a member of John Wesley United Methodist Church. Evelyn is survived by her daughter, Gail Ryon (Mark) of Victoria; son, Gene Williams (Tammy) of Harker Heights; brother-in-law, Jay Williams of Colettoville; grandchildren, Joshua Holt (Amanda), Brian Williams (Rebecca), Amanda Phillips (John), David Ryon (Macy), Mackenzie Uschan and 12 great-grandchildren. She is preceded in death by her parents; husband, Carlos L. Williams and grandson, Christopher Williams. Visitation will be Friday, February 7, 2020 from 12-1:30 PM at Rosewood Funeral Chapel. A graveside service will follow at 2 PM at Memory Gardens Cemetery. A time for fellowship and reception will follow the graveside at John Wesley United Methodist Church. Words of comfort may be shared at www.rosewoodfuneralchapel.com.
- Curtis H. Hopson, Father (deceased)
- Lillian Munsch Russell Hopson, Mother (deceased)
- Carlos L. Williams, Husband (deceased)
- Gail Ryon and husband Mark, Daughter
- Gene Williams and wife Tammy, Son
- Jay Williams, Brother-in-law
- Joshua Holt and wife Amanda, Grandson
- Brian Williams and wife Rebecca, Grandson
- Amanda Phillips and husband John, Granddaughter
- David Ryon and wife Macy, Grandson
- Christopher Williams, Grandson (deceased)
- Mackenzie Uschan, Granddaughter
- Evelyn also leaves behind 12 great-grandchildren to cherish her memory.
- Visitation Friday, February 7, 2020
- Graveside Service Friday, February 7, 2020
- Fellowship and Light Lunch Friday, February 7, 2020
Carl Van Marel
February 11, 2020
Our sympathy to you Gail and the rest of your family. We have many fond and cherished memories at St. Marks UMC, several years ago. We will forever cherish those times at this closely bonded church. My wife Susie often talked about the major choir trip that was taken by the youth around Texas and Oklahoma. Your mother usually traveled in our car that turned on the air conditioning!
Our sympathy and love to all,
Susie & Carl Van Marel