Lee Roy Verdine
February 6, 1932 – October 30, 2019
Lee Roy was born February 6, 1932 in Starks, Louisiana to the late Edmond Verdine and Bernadette Leger Verdine.
Lee Roy worked in construction insulation and was a retired member of the Heat and Frost Insulators Local #87 of San Antonio. He was a member of Our Lady of Victory Cathedral, where he served as an usher. Lee Roy was a member of the Knights of Columbus Council #1329. He was a Korean War Army Veteran, a member of the VFW Post 4146 and the American Legion Post 166. Lee Roy enjoyed fishing, walking with the Trinity Walkers, but most of all, he loved being with his family.
He is preceded in death by his parents; brothers, Claude, Ray, Floyd, Lloyd, Wallace and David Verdine; and sister, Olivia Foster.
Lee Roy is survived by his wife of 65 years, Laverne Verdine; daughter, Vicki Hunt and fiancé, Dan Boudreaux, and daughter, Melissa Verdine; grandchildren, Aaron Hunt and wife Sara of Pearland, and Olivia Kemp and husband Jarad of The Colony; his great grandchildren, Ethan, Avery, and Harley Hunt, and Dominic and Stephen Kemp; and brother in law, Jim Gaubatz and wife Patti of Mobile, AL.
Visitation will be held Monday, November 4, 2019 from 6 to 7 pm followed by a Rosary at 7:00 pm at Colonial Funeral Home. Funeral Mass will be held at 10:00 am on Tuesday, November 5, 2019 at Our Lady of Victory Cathedral Center. Burial will follow at Memory Gardens Cemetery with taps and a flag folding presentation by the Victoria County Veterans Council. Serving as pallbearers will be Aaron Hunt, Jarad Kemp, John Goodman, Mark Goodman, Steve Smith, and James Young. Honorary pallbearers will be Jim Joslyn, Henry Holland, and Frank Malina.
The family would like to thank Lee Roy’s caretakers, especially Dorothy Perez. Memorial donations may be made to Our Lady of Victory Cathedral or donor’s choice.
Share words of comfort with the family at www.colonialfuneralhomevictoria.com
- Edmond Verdine, Father (deceased)
- Bernadette Leger Verdine, Mother (deceased)
- Claude Verdine, Brother (deceased)
- Ray Verdine, Brother (deceased)
- Floyd Verdine, Brother (deceased)
- Lloyd Verdine, Brother (deceased)
- Wallace Verdine, Brother (deceased)
- David Verdine, Brother (deceased)
- Olivia Foster, Sister (deceased)
- Laverne Gaubatz Verdine, Wife
- Vicki (Dan Boudreaux) Hunt, Daughter
- Melissa Verdine, Daughter
- Aaron (Sara) Hunt, Grandson
- Olivia (Jarad) Kemp, Granddaughter
- Jim (Patti) Gaubatz, Brother-in-law
- Mr. Verdine also leaves great grandchildren Ethan, Avery and Harley Hunt and Dominic and Stephen Kemp to cherish his memory.
- Aaron Hunt
- Jarad Kemp
- John Goodman
- Mark Goodman
- Steve Smith
- James Young
- Jim Joslyn, Honorary Pallbearer
- Henry Holland, Honorary Pallbearer
- Frank Malina, Honorary Pallbearer
- Our Lady of Victory Cathedral
- Visitation Monday, November 4, 2019
- Rosary Monday, November 4, 2019
- Mass of Christian Burial Tuesday, November 5, 2019
- Interment Tuesday, November 5, 2019
Lee Roy Verdine
November 5, 2019
We will deeply miss Uncle Leroy. He was the best Godfather a person could have! I will never forget all times we had together when I was growing up as a kid. Didn’t get to see him much, but always looked forward to it when I had the chance . In the times we did share, I learned a lot. He will never be forgotten in my heart and always missed. Our thoughts and prayers are with your family.
Rest In Peace Uncle Leroy, love and miss you buddy.
Kent Morrell and family
November 3, 2019
My heart goes out to Aunt Laverne and the whole family. They broke the mold on Uncle Lee Roy. Such a gracious, kind, fun loving soul. I will always remember his kindness and encouragement through the years. His voice rings in my ears to this day. The world could use a few more wonderful men like him. Eternal rest grant unto him.