Margaret Ann Smith
May 3, 1936 – December 19, 2019
Margaret Ann Smith passed away at age 83 in Victoria, Texas on Thursday December 19, 2019. She was born May 3, 1936 in Poteet, Texas to Felix Mikolajczyk and Mary Zigmond Mikolajczyk. She married George D. Smith of Nixon, Texas on Dec 8, 1955 in Austin, Texas and just celebrated their 64th wedding anniversary. Margaret graduated Poteet High School and attended Southwest Texas State Teachers College. She retired after 25+ years with Schlumberger well service. Her hobbies included cooking, gardening, sewing, quilting, and painting. She was also an avid member of Northside Baptist Church for 60 years and helped out at Victoria Christian Assistance Ministry.
Her children include James “Danny” Smith (Elaine), Barbara Smith (Randy Hanselka), and Luana Thompson (John). Margaret had four grandchildren: Lesley Peloquin (Allen), John Kowalik (Lisa), Tracie Mandley (Andrew), and Chase Thompson (Courtney). Her great-grandchildren include: Brady Peloquin, Adaline Mandley, Elias Mandley, and Miles Kowalik. Margaret also had three step grandchildren that she loved very much: Amanda Smith, Chelsea Heckert, Tara Stange, and all of their families.
Margaret had four siblings: Gene Mikolajczyk (Zelma), Gloria Schraub (late husband Donald), Raymond Mikolajczyk (deceased) (wife Hilda), Emmit Mikolajczyk (deceased) (late wife Jimmie Dale). She would also like to recognize: Tawana Helms and the numerous nieces and nephews.
Colonial Funeral Home will host visitation at Northside Baptist Church from 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM on Monday December 23, 2019. Funeral to start at 10:00 AM with burial to follow at Memory Gardens Cemetery.
Northside Baptist Church, 4100 N. Laurent Street, Victoria, Texas 77901, 361-578-1568. Memory Gardens Cemetery, 8819 US-87, Victoria, Texas 77904, 361-578-3611, Colonial Funeral Home 1801 E. Red River Street, Victoria, Texas 77901, 361-578-3535. In lieu of flowers, Margaret’s family would ask to have donations made to Hospice of South Texas in honor of Margaret Smith. https://hospice-vic.org/donate. Hospice of South Texas, 1005 Mallette Drive, Victoria, Texas 77904.
Words of comfort may be shared with the family at www.colonialfuneralhomevictoria.com.
- George David Smith, Husband
- Felix Martin Mikolajczyk, Father (deceased)
- Mary Margaret Mikolajczyk, Mother (deceased)
- Barbara Smith (Randall Hanselka), Daughter
- Luana (John) Thompson, Daughter
- James "Danny" (Elaine) Smith, Son
- Gloria (Donald - Deceased) Schraub, Sister
- Raymond (Hilda - Living) Mikolajczyk, Brother (deceased)
- Emmit (Jimmie Dale) Mikolajczyk, Brother (deceased)
- Eugene (Zelma) Mikolajczyk, Brother
- Amanda Smith, Grandchild
- Lesley Peloquin, Grandchild
- Chelsea Heckert, Grandchild
- Tara Stange, Grandchild
- John Kowalik, Grandchild
- Tracie Mandley, Grandchild
- Chase Thompson, Grandchild
- Layton Nance, Great Grandchild
- Cheyenne Mahurin, Great Grandchild
- Coltyn Mahurin, Great Grandchild
- Ainsley Heckert, Great Grandchild
- Coy Stange, Great Grandchild
- Payton Heckert, Great Grandchild
- Shay Stange, Great Grandchild
- Brady Peloquin, Great Grandchild
- Miles Kowalik, Great Grandchild
- Adaline Mandley, Great Grandchild
- Elias Mandley, Great Grandchild
- Hospice of South Texas
- Visitation Monday, December 23, 2019
- Funeral Service Monday, December 23, 2019
- Burial Monday, December 23, 2019
Margaret Ann Smith
December 24, 2019
may you rest in peace forever
December 22, 2019
Our thoughts and prayers are with the entire family during this most difficult time.
John and Mary Stell
December 22, 2019
We are so sorry and our condolences go out to you all. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all always. I will always remember visiting with her especially when mom was at work and also that she was a dear friend to our mother. God Bless.